Battleship Chess - Player info not saved.

Found a bug? Then tell us all about it here.

Battleship Chess - Player info not saved.

Postby ceylon » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:28 am

The game doesn't save player info. When I shut down the game, it apparently erases all the user info, so I have to start fresh each time...

Version 2.0

Thanks,
Larry
ceylon

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:41 pm

It saves your last turn automatically. Just select "Resume Game" to get back into your game.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

That's the problem, it's not doing that.

Postby ceylon » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:43 pm

It's not saving my game. It erases ALL player info after I shut the game down. I even have to re-enter my name. I can't resume a game, because all of the user profiles are empty every time I start.
ceylon

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:41 pm

If you've downloaded the game from Reflexive, then yes, it appears to be a bug.

You can fix it by going into the folder that the game was installed (c:/program files/battleship chess) and creating 2 new empty folders:
Games
Users

Restart the game, add a new user and you should be able to save games.

Sorry about that, I've alerted Reflexive to the problem.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby GroBAdmiral von Hakoon » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:41 am

is the verion sold by reflexive the 2.0 ?

i went on their website and they didnt state the version they are selling anywhere. so i wouldnt like to pay for the 1.0 now that we can get the 2.0.

also, they are selling it 19.95$. would buying from there give u less money from the game than if I buy from here? i wouldnt like to buy from reflexive and it would result and less cash return to Apezone.
GroBAdmiral von Hakoon

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:06 pm

Yes, but it was a wrapping problem (e.g. the reflexive installer) and it's been fixed for a while now.

Yes, buying from Reflexive would give me less money. I'd prefer you purchased it from the apezone.com demo, $19.95 link. If your demo's expired, email me and I'll give you a discount link. Thanks for thinking about these things. :wink:

Andrew
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby GroBAdmiral von Hakoon » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:10 pm

bought the game from ApeZone with your discount link.

Thank you very much for it :)
GroBAdmiral von Hakoon

same problem!!!!

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue May 24, 2005 3:01 am

hello,

my name is george,greek,i m 29 years old and i have dedicate my life to history,women,and pc games! :D
i love naval history,is my passion.my teachers from 12-17 my years old when we wrote exams putting me away 4 desks from other students cause they knew that if i was close to the them i will told them everything about history,cause they will ask me for sure!!!!
:twisted: i help them as much as i could of course! :twisted:
so,when i saw battleship chess,accidently,i couldnt miss it.!at any cost!and it didnt dissapoint me.its indeed something that i have dreamed from a boy.i have made a scale on table game exactly like battleship chess,and inviting friends in my house playing a battleship chess for hours!of course pc never existed in this nowdays level(1993).
but,i have facing some problems.i have please some questions to ask,and anyone who will help,i would feel greatfull. :lol:
1.i have version 2.0 is there any updated version after this?
2.i m having the same problem-when i m shuting down my pc and swhitch it on again,it DOES NOT saves any tonnage or ranks,therefore i ll have to start all over again in order to achieve a rank!!!!ouaaaa!!!! :cry: why?
all the data are being erased!there is no resume game,no user 1 profile!oua!!!!
i have created 2 folders,(games,users)but nothing happens!!!
3.how i m a supposed to play versus other players in the internet?( i m seeking a server or something)explain me the steps perhaps?are the servers full or empty?
5.in the benefits of having the full version,says,"2 new dificulty settings".i still see only 3,beginner,interm.expert,are only these 3 or there is something extra?
4.in case that version 2.0 is the last updated version when it is planned for the next one,or it is not planned?
waiting for your reply..thanks for your time and attention,may peace and prosperity be with you...
Andrew Ewanchyna

Return to Tech Support