SUDG problems in nVidia chipset ?

Found a bug? Then tell us all about it here.

SUDG problems in nVidia chipset ?

Postby sandrino » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:48 pm

Hello, I got a brand new notebook, and one of the first thing I did is (try to) play my favorite game SUDG.

Each time the game loads, I get a blue screen indicating some problems with a Nvxxx.sys driver.

Is there any way to solve this ?

Thanks
Alex - Italy
sandrino

Postby Blackjet » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:52 pm

As was said divided galaxies isn't the same as what we have here.
Blackjet

Postby sandrino » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:43 pm

Sorry, just was excited I found this forum to solve the problem.

Sorry.
sandrino

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:02 pm

I'm suprised about this but it's possible that your laptop can't handle 800x600 x 16 bit color. This is identical in both the latest version of Starships Unlimited (here) and Divided Galaxies. See if you can manually change your laptop to these video settings.

You might want to go to the video card/chip's website and download the latest driver. Even the video cards you find in stores don't usually have the latest drivers. You may also try downloading the demo here and seeing if it runs. FYI, my new laptop (ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 has no problems). What video chip is in your lappy?
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby sandrino » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:24 pm

Well, I can now confirm that all those application hangs really depend on the nVidia audio board of the notebook (not on the Athlon64 driver nor on the Radeon9700).

In fact, if I disable the audio board fron the device manager, the game plays without problems (but without sound of course). If I enable the board I get the following BLUESCREEN (forcing me to poweroff):

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

[...]

nvmcp.sys - Address B6EF36B7 base at B6E97000, DateStamp 412a29c5

Same happens of I re-enable the board during gameplay (switching to desktop and then to Device manager).

Please not that nvmcp.sys is one of the component of the audio board's driver, and it's the latest version available on the ASUS (manifacturer of the notebook A4744KUH) and the nVidia web site.

I would like someone to investigate on the problem; since nVidia chipset are new on the market, and will probably spread themselves quickly, I really hope a fix will be soon available.

Thanks
Alex - Italy
sandrino

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:32 am

Well this is interesting. Never thought of the sound card/chip causing the problem. Thanks. I'll look into this one.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Return to Tech Support