Engines in Stun 3.5 will drain comps to recharge

Found a bug? Then tell us all about it here.

Engines in Stun 3.5 will drain comps to recharge

Postby Terrell » Sat May 20, 2006 12:45 pm

There's a thread on this in the STUN forum, that Insayn started, and I've replied. It's about Jump Engines and energy drain. It's probably in the wrong forum so I'm putting it here. Hadn't heard from Andrew on this bug so I'm putting it in the correct forum.

http://www.apezone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=810

In Stun 3.5 all the engines, though the Jump engines are worst for this, will drain off energy from all your components to recharge. So if I have a (or multiple) ship(s) patrolling my homeworld, and I need to send them into battle or enemy ships attack, my ships will find their weapons, shields, etc depleted. The only ways to get around this are either order all your ships to hold position around a world rather than patrolling it, or never use engines better than Electromagnetic Drive

Can this be fixed so that engines will let the ships generators recharge them when tasked with patrol duties rather than taking energy from the rest of the ship? Also when ships equipped with Jump engines are guarding a world, please make it so they don't waste energy jumping from one side of the world to the other, can they instead just go from one side to the other at combat speed? Can the combat speed thing apply to all engines when guarding a world?

Andrew, please reply.
Terrell

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Wed May 24, 2006 8:25 am

Hi Terrell,

I know about this problem and will fix it in a future patch. They won't use combat speed, but cruise speed as the former is reserved for combat maneuvers only.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Terrell » Thu May 25, 2006 2:52 am

Thank you.
Terrell

Postby Terrell » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:38 pm

May I please have an update on the patch for the engine bug?
Terrell

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:41 am

I don't know, still working on finishing Starship Kingdom.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Terrell » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:38 pm

On the issue of a patch, will it be a stand alone patch, or will it come in the next edition of STUN?
Terrell

Return to Tech Support