Is it possible to obtain older versions of STUN?

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Postby FD]Federation » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:48 pm

FD]Federation

Re: Is it possible to obtain older versions of STUN?

Postby Insayn » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm sure someone has the old versions on one of their hard drives laying around somewhere.
Insayn

Postby Celestrialnaut » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:24 am

If it's possible, I would like to find an older version of the game with the original graphics. Or could someone please post a picture with the "classic" original avatars? I'm curious what they looked like compared to in version 3.5
Celestrialnaut

Postby Insayn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 am

I was going through my old hard drives trying to find the model for my "redship" starship. I can't remember what happened to it. It wasn't on any of them, but there was an old version of stun along with several stun3 versions. But it wouldn't load. "LoadRLSprite: Unable to allocate memory".
Insayn

Postby Rakonat » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Recently, while scrubbing through my old HDDs from a few years back (How did we ever live on 5gbs?) I discovered I STILL have a copy of Stun, by the logs it appears to be version 2.3a dated at 5/22/01 (12 years old!!!)

I still have to make sure its still functional, though I don't see why it wouldn't work at this point, I could be convinced to put them in a zip file and upload them to a download site if people were interested, and more importantly Andrew did NOT object to an older version of his game being put up for free. I'd rather have the go ahead from him first, but any word from him opposed to it and I'll nix the idea and put the files onto an external for safe keeping.
Rakonat

Postby FD]Federation » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Oooooooooh! Were there any differences between the old graphics and newer graphics?

I prefer the look of the old cities and freighter.
FD]Federation

Return to Starships Unlimited