Hi Everyone

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Hi Everyone

Postby Mangudai » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums, but I've been playing STUN3 for over a year now. I'll share a few of my favorite strategies.

Double Cloaking: With 2 cloaking devices and adequate generators you can stay cloaked almost 100% of the time. This is incredibly powerful!

The Unarmed Scout: This guy is equiped with no weapons so he will never engage pirates. His role is to explore resource systems and find artifacts, and he works great with starship captain handling missions. The unarmed scout is especially useful in the anti-matter and singularity ages with double cloaking devices. I have used this in the fusion age with no cloaking but extra shields, he was able to scan planets and move on before pirates could do any real damage.

Energy Dissapation Wave + Teleporting Assault Pod: The synergy is obvious. Enemy ships can be captured in less time than it takes to destroy them.

I usually play on difficulty 3 or 4 with 100-150 star galaxies. I always take a wave weapons and computers headstart, but no advantages. I build a second scout at the start of the game. I usually build 2 gunboats in the late atomic age for raiding and defense. I try to get torpedoes or fighters by trade or espionage, and ignore all the other weapon types. I skip the corvette class and go for frigates. I try to build 4-6 frigates by the early anti-matter age and this force captures enemy worlds. Usually I dominate the galaxy before I get to singularity age or finish building any cruisers.
Mangudai

Return to Starships Unlimited