Star system bug

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Star system bug

Postby ItchyFlea » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:24 am

Probably slightly a bit late to report this but anyway:
Whenever I colonize a new planet are there are several star systems nearby to build freighter routes to, I usually fill up all 6 slots of production, and leave it to do it's thing. In a couple of games now, if that planet gets destroyed and there is more than 1 freighter route in the queue, the first one gets deselected, but the others stay highlights with my color without them being connected to anything. If I re-colonize the system I was in, I am them unable to build a freighter route to those systems that technically don't have freighters going to them.

Just thought I might as well let you know.
ItchyFlea

Re: Star system bug

Postby Rakonat » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:27 am

Yikes, that's a nasty bug, considering how I fight tooth and nail for every star I control and loosing one like that would suck. Though I'm honestly surprised you build anything from fresh colonies, first thing I do prep it for an attack or something, throw up a rep factory and maybe a mine along with armor and def guns. The extremely long build times of only 50 pop alone is enough to make me not build anything "essential" unless it has to be built at that world.
Rakonat

Re: Star system bug

Postby ItchyFlea » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:53 pm

I prefer to go for resources more than defenses no new colonies, and try to use my ships to defend it. Because even if I lose the colony, I would have research higher-level freighters that will allow me to keep the systems it gets for me.
Once it's got the systems nearby, then I go for defences.
Most of the time the enemy is using standoffs, which when theres 4-6 ships each with 3-4 sets of standoffs, there really isn't anything that can defend against that.
ItchyFlea

Return to Starships Unlimited