OASIS - Indie Game

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

OASIS - Indie Game

Postby Starman » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:40 am

Hi Andrew

Hope this is in the right forum.
I just wanted to say that I like the New Indie Spotlight.

I tried the demo for Oasis because it looked like fun, besides I'm taking a study course on Ancient Egypt.

Oasis is so cool, I just had to buy it so I could keep playing it while I wait for Loco Mogul to come out.

Thanks again for all that you do for all of us.

Have an enjoy able Thanksgiving !!
Starman

Postby Starman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:43 am

Well if any one else out there is playing, I just hit #7 on the Global High Score !!!

:)
Starman

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:46 am

I remember hearing about Oasis while it was almost finished and I thought, blaa, doesn't sound like it can hold together. But when I finally downloaded it and tried it, I was hooked. Smart gameplay. Hopefully, Loco Mogul will have a similar appeal.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Bluevoss » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:21 am

Oasis is a brilliant game, a sort of quick-civ, something you can play in five minutes and have a blast. And once you get to the end kingdom, you can pretty much play random games over and over, which is a nice feature (Andrew shoulda added something like that to Loco Mogul. Hint hint!).

Little fact about Oasis - the metour games (I think there are two levels of them) are very, very difficult, perhaps the hardest boards all in all. And they are near the end of a kingdom, so if you fail, youi gotta do the entire kingdom over again. The problem is that its pretty random, and you can set up an entire kingdom just in time to have the last rock take out a critical city (and its roads) and you're done.

So, cheat!

I usually don't condone this but this scenario is a bit unballenced. As I remember, there is a file called "Curses" and if you go in (using a standard text editor) you can easily spot what turns the rocks hit on and change it a bit. I dropped the chances and found the game to be much more enjoyable.
Bluevoss

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 am

I didn't know about the Meteor games. I'll have to spark it up again and see what you mean. Lots more to the game than even I suspected. Thanks for the info.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions