Return of Kennedy Approach

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Return of Kennedy Approach

Postby Bluevoss » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:47 pm

This will really date me (its more like Greyvoss than Bluevoss) but an old game that I loved is now out, and free, and fun!

Kennedy Approach was a great air traffic controller game from 1985. There were five basic fields (Atlanta, Fort Worth, Denver, Washington, and New York) and differnt time periods to play. Always random and always fun. Now its available for free download at the following site.

http://www.kennedyapproach.com/home.php

Even better, the guy putting it out has added Hong Kong, Chicago, and is even doing Orlando (MCO) for me. Great fun, and you've never felt pressure like when you've got a cessna in the pattern and two air france concords stacked behind him.

Go have a look!
Bluevoss

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:15 am

Very cool. While I never had a Commy or Atari back then (had a TI-99A :oops: ), I love the old games. I'm thinking of revising some here in the near future.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Bluevoss » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:28 pm

I remember Avalon Hill's "Midway". Just a text game where you played the Americans and tried to win the naval battle. We had this thing at Tech and people lined up to play it. Eventually they optimized the stratagy and just tried to see who could sink the most tonnage.

Still, I remember that game fondly.
Bluevoss

Return to General Discussions