Planetary Development and Colonization Department - PD, CD Discussion

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby eatomhoch » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:38 pm

Planetary Development and Colonization department: Developes planetary infrastructure.
Selects Colony sites.

As minister Of PDCD I would like to express my deepest desire. We will own and exploit every system in the galaxy!
I can be emailed at eatomhochREMOVETHIS@yahoo.com

General Policy:
New colonies will start with a que of; defensive weapon, attack weapon and space docks.
The PDCD will control only the engineering and untrained citizen percentages. The Starfleet and SCI / TECH departments will set the appropriate scientists and naval personnel of planets. The PDCD will resolve conflicts btw the departmental requests.

The PDCD selects systems for trade routes.
eatomhoch

Postby eatomhoch » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:40 pm

Sol 1
Type 1 Large
System Value: 4
Crew: Untrained 100

Sol X 20 year plan
At start of turn que 3 computers and a scout class ship so we can see more of the map . 3 computers will take aprox 7 years at the default research rate. after completing those computers and building a scout(10 years) I hope the sci / tech department will have explored some nearby systems. Sol should then begin building a frieghter to the closest, most valuable system. In case no systems are fully explored Sol should begin another scout to allotted to starfleet. However new frieghter routes of over 5 in value will take precedent over this ship and be inserted in the que in front the ship.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:30 pm

Planetary Development please see Starfleet's request in its thread. Perhaps after the next 20 years you can grant it.

Head of Starfleet

HSRTG
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby eatomhoch » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:38 pm

I saw your request and saw the screenshot and map at.
http://www.ameritech.net/users/eatomhoch/stundem.html
I have updated my Sol 20 year plan based on the save.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:01 pm

I will grant the PDCD At most 10% pop engeniring if it wishes. I belive science and enginering to be the most important sectors of the work force. I will do what I can to increase prodution on sol and our research of technology.

President Assimilated.
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:52 pm

PDCD

Sol1 20 year plan

Scrap the extra computers to gain back about 300 credits. I am seriously concerned about our budget and advise the sci / tech minister to cut the number of sci on sol until we can make a profit. Because of our thin margins and for lack of anything to build there are no other instructions for sol 1 this turn. If starfleet requests it we could manage another ship but it will drive us down to 265 credits with a -27 per turn income we would quickly have even bigger money problems.
Finishing lightning bolt will take another 8years or so after that I recommended researching surface mining facility which will take about 14 years. But is badly needed at this low profit point we are at. After surface mining is researched I'd like to see at least to mines built on sol 1 with trade routes larger than 5 credits being put into the que before the mines.

The limited number of systems within our frieghter range forces us to research mining an frieghters as soon as possible.
If we are careful and get some luck in system value we will pull out of our defecit fairly quickly.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:03 pm

I totally agree. terrestrial genorated profit must be generated soon so we can stablise our economy.

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:53 am

I totally agree, thats exactly what I'm thinking. Surface mines are definetly next. I think we should avoid building anything at all. with the exception of componets for gotland on her return.
I am considering freighters after labs, but depending on how long it takes for the scouts to scan the more distant systems.
Insayn

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Starfleet considers the next weapons refit neccasary in the near future. A few lightning beams shouldn't cost to much. If there would be to much of a deficit though, Starfleet can wait until next turn. I personally agree, surface mining and freighter needs to be next. Money keeps the fleet going.

Starfleet Head

HSRTG
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby eatomhoch » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:22 am

Absolutely beams will greatly speed up exploration. We should be able to afford the config change on the gotland that insayn described. I suggest a similar config for the defiant.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:08 pm

The rich system trade routes will take pressident this turn. Mines will be build secondly but it will be within fisical parrameters to build four if aproved by PDCD. this will more or less happen in turn 3.
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:47 pm

Sol 1 30 year plan

Upon the completion of 'surface mining facility' research we should que up two mines on sol. With new freighter routes with a value of 5+ being pushed into the que before them. If freighter 3 and 4 are researched this turn we should also include systems at longer distances in the build que. It is faster and less expensive to build a 5+ freighter route than to build a mine so remember to keep advancing the freighters above the mines in the que.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:38 pm

If the que is empty, i will build more mines. If the que is empty. Its in the best intrest of the economy and 10$ isnt much if we need to scrap em later.
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:19 am

Sol 1 30 year plan

Build freighters. Lalande, Epislon, Krueger, Acrux. When labs are researched build 2 labs. Lets save up our money and get a colony going asap. Virgo III is currently the top candidate. If SCI / TECH wants to we can research colony 2 and 3 and colonize Gruis II as well or instead either way be fiscally conservative so we can save up for a colony.

Consider reducing trained SCI on sol 1 in order to increase our profit.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Insayn » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:03 pm

I am reconsidering labs iso ALL the freighters. We want to get an early start colony wise...at least by 2350 if we can shoot for that goal (hope for an uplift in mean time :)
The reason is say that is fertility drugs will help the colony in the distant future grow(require labs). Labs also lead to nano technology, something I think would be of some use to you.
Besides, we must plan ahead for the fusion age. We want a smooth transition into single phase deflectors and bio computers. Not catching up atomic age shields that should have been already researched... no way to get bio comps at any reasonable time.

I would rather not research the colony ships right now. I would say virgo should be top priority for colonization. I would also agree to cut sci on sol, but not too much! ;)
Insayn

Next

Return to General Discussions