Planetary Development and Colonization Department - PD, CD Discussion

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:06 pm

Request from the president.

I urge PDCD to change their colonization plans. It would be better if we colonized Lalande 4 so we can establish freighters to all far sections of the lower quadrant.

PLAN FOR COLONIZATION
colony ship 2 should be researched immdeatly. Then we can trade tech with the ents and reduce sci on sol to gain the money we need.

All this can be acheived in one turn if we alter our prioritys,
and a colony could be set up within 2 or 3 turns.

Thanks

Assmilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:45 pm

Sol 1 30 year plan

Build two labs on sol per the wishes of SCI/TECH Colonization of Virgo III is still the priority but it will be a long time till we have the 2200 we need to colonize. If we receive an instant colony artifact at any time colonize Virgo III asap. Lalande's postion does not gain us too many advantages and the class 4 planets have a much slower growth rate. Considering we will have to wait until the anti-matter age to terraform it. As noted before the next colony site after VIRGO III is GRUIS II.

Be fiscally responsible so we can get our colonies going!

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby eatomhoch » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:46 am

Sol 1 30 year plan

If there is no input from GalDef before the next turn, scrap the pack rockets on sol and replace with def beam and Beam.
Check with SCI/TECH on the scientist numbers I think they are incorrect. Save our money! We must colonize soon.

The colony ship for VIRGO III takes precedent over all other build requests on SOL I. As before if we get an instant colony ship use it to colonize VIRGO III asap.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby eatomhoch » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:22 pm

Sol 1 30 year plan

We should have enough money for the colony ship to Virgo III this turn, so colonize Virgo III and set it to build a def beam and an O beam. If we have the money after completing the colony ship construct another scout ship on Sol to be configured by starfleet. I am depending on sci tech to get Virgo explored again asap so we can colonize it.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:11 pm

No worries. Even if scitech doesn't send its scout there sf will. A colony will expand our resource range thus getting more $$$ for sf to spend on starships :). More starships means happier sf general ;).

Starfleet Head,

HSRTG
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Insayn » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 pm

I have no ships under my department. All ships are under Starfleet right now. So pretty much starfleet says whats explored.
In addition to virgo, i would suggest a scout be sent to the human/ent border. Now with optical computers we can probably find the colony easy.
I got caught up in the war movement. Get priorities in order here. Colony on virgo should be done before ANYTHING else is built. We are already past my personal 2350 deadline for a colony. Lets not put it off any longer.

SciTech
Insayn

Postby eatomhoch » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:50 pm

Sol I 30 year plan
Begin construction of colony ship to Lalande IV when we have enough money (600) begin construction of new scout class ship.

Changed do to senate vote

Lalande IV 30 year plan
Def beam, and O beam,(assuming this is okay with gal def) frieghters to Wolf, Organon, Saurus

Set engineers to 10% on Lalande IV
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:27 am

Eatomoch im going to teach you a tactic. Your looking for fast deployment and development of trade routes arent you.
Well Lalande system will gain us more of thoses then virgo could posibly ever at this moment. Lalande is further out and can reach more stars and that = more money.

The tactic is quick build. You establish a colony on the system that is most profitable to you. Then you begin to que all the trade routes. This is going to take forever to build right.
Wrong. You train all 50 population as engeiners or somany as your buget can posibly allow without going to -15.

All the trade routes are build in a matter of 2-4 years. By then you have a profit again anyway, even including the 50 engeiners. From that profit point you can either reduce the engeniers right away or build up the planets defence and output economy first.

I bet your afraid of using engeiners in such a way, you are a conservative man and I bet you vote repulican too lol :p .

None the less this tactic can boost our profit and finish building projects on the colony in a matter of 5-6 years.
Its just economical.

Assmilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:46 pm

Actually in my own games where I can monitor the budget and I have not wasted funds I do this often. I have explored more thourghly and have discovered more artifacts so I would have plently of money.

However, as you know after building the colony we will not have much money. And if we increase the engineers percentage to 100 we will incur a -50 a year budget hit from the colony. Coupled with our already too narrow income that will result in aprox -23 a year. After finishing the colony we will have roughly 200$ in reserve couple this with the cost of creating frieghter routes (10/parsec) So say 60, 60, 70, 50
we will be in the negative very quickly.

I have played this game for several years, through several versions and I know most, if not all the tricks.

Frankly I'm offended that you would suggest I vote republican. I am as liberal as they get in the USA.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:09 pm

lol, you know Eatomoch, i belive we've been at each others throats the whole game wouldnt you agree?. :p

I propose a duel, u have socom 1? lol Does anyone have socom 1? I wana have a game.

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:47 pm

No I don't have socom, Counter-Strike or any of the HL mods and your on.

I don't care if we disagree, It is a democracy game and its good for us to have different opinions. Makes it more interesting lets us actually play the game as opposed to just doing "the right thing"

eatomhoch

Stop butchering my name!
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:44 pm

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha (your right tho, about the opions thing).... and the name thing, thats why is funny

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:32 pm

Yo Insyan, the colony has been found. Northeast quadrant, southwest quadrant of quadrant. Leopris. Pretty far for level 3-4 colony ships eh? I think the AI cheated... (a furthur argument for more freghter and better colony ship techs. We need to grub the systems the ents want so we can have disputed systems to bargain with..you know give us 5000$ for X system).

WE MUST GRAB ALL WE CAN!!

HSRTG
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Insayn » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:33 am

Speaking of FPS, If you have a dedent rigg, I would suggest you guys try "Far Cry". I just got it couple days ago. You walk around these BEAUTIFUL Islands shooting people. The best graphics, detail i have ever seen in any game. I play the HL mods aswell. Team fortress is my all time fav.

About the Ent colony, Its 4 parces away from the home planet. They started with like $2k more than we did and could enjoy the Luxury of building a colony right away. Also we already own many disputed systems with them. So we are winning in the aspect.
Insayn

Postby eatomhoch » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:38 am

The new president will please note that the instructions for this turn are posted above.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions