The Assimilated.INC Taveren - Sit back, Relax and Talk about whatever

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:33 pm

Hey guys,

I decided to open this place up right here on Sol I cause I realised that none of the high ranking members of the republic had a place to go and leisure around. So now Assimilated.INC has decided to build a taveren here.

Pull up a chair or go to the bar, maybe we could have a poker game. Lets talk bout something, speaking of FPS' Who DOES have socom, I wouldnt mind having a game.
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:52 pm

I will take a Bud Lite, #### I'm broke. Put that on my tab. Man I don't have socom. How does it compare to dues Ex or HL. Those are my fav games of all time. I've been playing Far cry lately though. Beware it is a system hogg big time. There is no loading like in other games. It loads one HUGE map at once.

Hey I agree with the bush thing. He better not get elected. I mean the entire world hates us americans now because of his dumb ace. Nehhhh, I think i'll move to canada some day. They got the right idea.
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:43 pm

*Bar keep gets mad at Insayn and trows the bud lite at him*

Assimilate: savage, stupid bar keeps, anyways. Insayn Canada will be happy to have you. But one thing ive noticed is that you americans are much more patriotic about your country. Canada always has to deal with that #### seperatist mouvement by the freaken french, we dont care about being canadian, its just a free pass to go anywhere. How often do you hear terroists scream "YOU CANADIAN INFIDEL DOGS". :p

Terroists, midle eastren...... I just dont get them
They say we westereners are INFIDELS.
But how can we be infidels if we arent muslim? Bush isnt muslim so they cant call him an infidel.... lol

I like talking politics, esspecialy global. But seen as im not at my countrys legal drinking age ill have to get HSRTG to make a new one.

Well im done till later.

TTYL insyan

King George out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:02 am

I can't speak for every one, but I'm not exactly patriotic. I think really what it comes down to is the middle east guys want the US to just leave the middle east alone totally. Let them take over isreal and do whatever they want. I don't really care what goes on over there as long as they don't come over here and crash planes into buildings and stuff. This stuff is exaclty what led to the fall of the USSR.
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:17 am

The soviets... now they were a nice bump in history werent they.

Now I still do belive that communism is a good idea "in principle" but I wasnt around for the cold war, had a little thing to do called getting born.

A communism could quite posibly work, but id have to be under the direction of a computer and free of outsiders.

Democracy is the popular choice nowadays. But I think eventualy when most of the world is democratic will end up over populating the planet, we can hardly sutain 7 billion now. Meh were all doomed anyways, so long as people keep going on with this nationalistic solidarity pride or imposing thier religious will on others *cough* Muslim radicals *cough*

As long as we stay divided in this nation states enviroment were all screwd.

To many people look after there own intrests, the united states wants oil, isreal is invading the west bank, countrys are fighting trade wars against one and other. The wealth economics of this planet with destroy it. Now im no green peace hippy I can promise you that, but if we dont manage our ressources there wont be any left to use.

The solution in my mind is globalism. One nation, one leader one intrest, betterment of the human race. The united nations is hardly that as it weilds not but economic power and a nation state board of permenate leaders from the 1940's
(they must have forgoten that things change over a course of 60 years) A global federation would be better for this world, no more this country went to war with that country, or were gona blow you up cause u arent the same religion as us. Religion must be seperated from state. In that type of federation no one would be from the united states or canada or germany or france, theyd be humans from earth! (assimilation). People think diversity is good, but diversity can only go so far. If you let it get past a certain point the peoples will seperate and have arguments, then they will fight with each other because they want there sect of the diversty to rule supreme over the other.

I think we should all forget this im canadian and iam american crap and look at the common picture. Because really if we dont soon, someones going to go to war with someone and drag everyone else in and cause world war 3.

Opinionated Out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:34 pm

One leader, one world government. Now that is a fantasy. We humans have come a long way, but think how much farther we have to come. The simple fact is humans aren't fit to rule themselves. There is always the threat of ambition. It infects all of us. This is what has plagued leaders since the dawn of civilization. Self intrest before the peoples intrest.
Democracy is more suited to small city states. Goverment that is comprehensiable to its people. One huge wolrd democracy could never work.

I think you implied that a computer should be the leader? Like some super AI (refrence to Dues Ex). Would you trust some computer over a human being? Can we really trust a computer to justly rule the human race. Maybe we aren't that far along to accept that. Its only the 21st century after all.
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:40 pm

I totally agree, computers do not have senitmental parts to factor into their equations, so while they may be becoming ever more human and inteligent over the years, they will never rule. What I implyed however is that a communisim could theoreticly work under a computer. No corruption, just a lack of human values (but isnt that communisim anyway :p )

OH and one more thing insayn, I never said a global federation would be democratic now, did I? *evil laugh*
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Cheese » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:09 am

Just out of curiousity how would one get involved in this democracy game. I like the movement and if I wanted to join, I would like to know how :p. In any case, looks good, have fun guys. Seems kinda..I don't know...cheesey?
Cheese

Postby Insayn » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:35 am

Cheesy eh? Nice Pun, we could use another smart A** like Assimilated. First of all your gonna wanna register in the forum. We could use more man power here. Post in the "senate" forum tommorow if ya really want to join. I thought we could make a new department for the treasury or something. And here you are. If that sounds boring just reply what does sound interesting to ya man. We will need a Vice for the "Scitech postion in a few days if that floats your boat.
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:27 am

Nice to see your on board cheese. Please make urself known on the census board. will have you sorted away in a day er two. The scitech positon is a good one, i suggest you take it, please familiarize yourself with the tech tree.

As for you insayn, I didnt know I was that much of a smart a** :p id like to here more :p

Welcome cheese

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:42 am

Meh im board, so, what do u think is better, star trek or star wars? if star trek why, if star wars, GET THE FUCK OUTA MY BAR!!
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:27 pm

Well your gonna be disapointed. I infact like star wars alot. I've watched Star Trek. Not very much though. Don' get me wrong i like Star Trek the more i Watch it the more I like it. I've just seen like a couple episodes plus one movie about it. The movie was about the borg trying to assimilate captain kirk. That all I can remember about it.

Ohh two days ago i saw an episode where they land on this planet with fog. Then this alien being decided mankind is too violent and forces kirk and his crew into (a fake) tombstone arizona. Everyone there thinks they are the clantons. And now they gotta shoot it out with the Wyatt Earp and his Bros. Well in the end the alien sees kirk is a peaceful fella and lets em go.
Insayn

Postby eatomhoch » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:40 pm

I'm for Trek except for enterprise.... speaking of sci-fi shows there is going to be a firefly movie!

http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/serenity/?u=eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:55 pm

Yea enterprise isnt the greatest but its ok, My favorite is the next generation, i get a good laugh at the origional series, but hey thats before my time, it was cool when it was out, and I like em now even though there old school lol.

Well i guess im indifferent between the two, i was getting about the get out thing lol.

star trek is my fav series , but starwars takes the movies collection by storm. im a sci fi freak anyway, ill watch anything.
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Cheese » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:41 pm

I just wanted to know how. I don't know what I'm mode I'm in. I feel like, feel like, umm, being a dictator. *Runs back to civ2*.
Cheese

Next

Return to General Discussions