Multiple Installs of software?

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby Kiith » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:01 pm

I just purchased STUN and Battleship Chess and have a question. Does purchasing the key only allow me to operate the software on one machine or can I install it onto 2 PCs with the same key?

Thanks
Kiith

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:07 pm

If both computers are owned by you, say a laptop and a regular PC (like at work) then yeah, multiple installs are fine. If you install on one of yours and a friend's system, then that's not alright. Your friend needs to purchese his own key for it to be legal. If you give your friend your key, its violating the agreement, check http://www.apezone.com and look for the owner's agreement on there. Hope I was helpful.

HSRTG
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Kiith » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:22 pm

Thank you for your answer it was helpfull. I thought it was 'my' software but I just thought I'd ask the question.
Kiith

Postby ApeZone » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:39 pm

I have no problems with you installing it on all your computers. Assuming they're not accessable by a bunch of people (like a school, for example). Had someone email me a support question once. His email started something like: I've been playing STUN on the school network ...
???
ApeZone

Return to General Discussions