Senate - General Discussion of Democracy Game

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby eatomhoch » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:24 pm

Please vote on the following:

Elminate GAL Def. responsibilities for world defense will fall to Starfleet / PDCD.

I vote for elminating GAL Def.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:52 pm

I will vote pro on this motion, but only if you sepcify who will goveren it after.
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:59 pm

I vote to 'Assimilate' Gal Def into PDCD. Logicaly PDCD would have control of ships defending its planets right.
Insayn

Postby eatomhoch » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:11 pm

Motion passes, PDCD will now be responsible for defending planets. Starfleet will be responsible for pirates and naval personal on planets.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Insayn » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:25 pm

Naval personel on planets. I beleive that would be your department Eat. That has nothing to do with my department. Besides, why would we EVER train navy on planets int he first place.

BTW that was FAST. Things are getting done today. That issue has been pending for over a week. In 20 minutes its proposed and done jsut like that.
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:00 pm

yes it was fast, because eatohmoch passed it without even half of the senates votes. only 2 votes were pro motion, mine was still in limbo at the time... EATOMOCH THIS KIND OF DICTATORSHIP WILL NOT BE TOLOREATED IN A DEMOCRACY. not that I really care I agreed with the motion anyway :p

Good work people

Assimilated out lol
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:10 pm

Anyways, i would like to submit a modifyed verison of the law.

The building and placement of defensive and offensive weapons on a planets surface will be the duty of PCDC, but as a vulcan fan i belive it is logical that we give ship control of planets to starfleet. PCDC is planatary development an colonization, there fore it is only terristrial in its mandate. With StarFleet however ship control is implyed in its mandate unlike PCDC. The whole purpose of GALDEF was to incorperate some of both departments. Now I belive enlight of the fact that we are to destory the departement, its jobs should be handed back to the appropriate offices. The ship control mandate to starfleet and the buliding mandate to PCDC. it just makes sence.

"Assimilated"(nice one insayn) out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:14 pm

I'm gonna stick with the original plan. I don't mind letting PDCD control the ships anyways. Maybe a future Starfleet commander will. There are no ships to speak of anyways.

As far as ship control. Scitech and PDCD are really just sub departments of Starfleet. Starfleet can do all the missions they can and more.
BTW even if the other guys wer'nt pro on the issue it was still majority rule. they're input was irrelevant and would have taken days for everyone to vote.

" 'Assimilated'(nice one insayn) out"This is what I meant by "Smart A**" in RL I am quite Guilty of this. No insult was intended.

Starfleet out
Insayn

Postby eatomhoch » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:19 pm

Updated:

http://www.ameritech.net/users/eatomhoch/stundem.html

Turn Summary 2420-2450
Configured gotland to specs set by scitech.
2421 reached 100% wisdom sent the defiant further into argo space to find the home world.
2429 Located argo homeworld in lupus system recruited a spy. sent Defiant to sol
2430 Finished graviton drive began assault pod
2437 Non agression pact offered by ents, accepted
traded colony ship for gunboat, ram for fertility, and l2 spy for 1000.
2437 continued, gotland upgrade / re-crew completed sent her to equulei system on the far side of ent space. Finished assault pod, began corvette.
2443 Increased sci on gotland lets us discover artifacts! Rescued gunboat yorktown. Set it to ignore upgrade requests and sent her to sol.
2447 Gotland discovers Keracks (same Philosphy) recruited a spy and traded maps with them.
2448 Ents offer 1200 for def fighter flak, accepted
2448 continued Keracks offer no agression pact, accepted
Gotland finds Scientific Genius artifact.

We have 3062 in the treasury and 14 income per turn

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:19 pm

OHHHH !!! I belive this gun boat should be refitted ASAP and sent to the first fleet under insayns command.

Eatohmoch congrats on your awesome turn.

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:23 pm

Next turn is Friday July 9th 5pm ish unless HSRTG returns.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Insayn » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:46 pm

I agree That was one helluva turn Eatomhoch. Things are looking up!

Ohh one thing i overlooked. Hate to be nit picky(doesnt make any difference really). You did not form the 2nd fleet like I requested. I got a Gunboat to play with now :) .
Insayn

Postby eatomhoch » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:39 pm

Doh, forgot about the fleet assignments sorry, If i'm playing the next turn I will fix it then :)

Just to be clear the scouts go into the 2nd fleet and the gunboat goes into the 3rd?

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Insayn » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:39 pm

1st or 3rd. The idea was that brand new ships would be 1st fleet and eventually moved to 3rd fleet. This gunboat being already 100% combat expierience I guess would be 3rd...Bleh just leave it as 1st. This Gunboat I will give to SciTech when the corvettes and frigates are built. So when most of the ship building is complete, when you look at the 'fous' window the numbers will go from 2nd fleet, then 3rd fleet, finally 1st fleet. Smallest ships to biggest ships. Its too bad we can't freely move the ships around. A ships position in the focus screen is permenant.

StarFleet
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:39 am

Eatomoch, I just regained access to the saved game. I noticed my vesles crew arent as I specifyed. Please change it to 13sci 4 eng 3nav. I want plenty of onboard staff to keep these ships afloat. I do expect damage on these ships and thats why I need extra enginers. Thanks. oh and 1 last thing, I changed the specs after the turn, please configure them as 2 x laserbeams now , get rid of the devensive beams.

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions