Science and Technology Department - Research, Science, and Exploration

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby Insayn » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:36 am

I will edit the first post in this thread for now on for the current research priorities. I did not expect the freighters to all be research already. I will ok the def. fighters to be continued since its already started. Also I am disapointed that the treasury has been nearly depleted! It will take forever to get the kind of cash that we need to colonize virgo III.
The AI's couldnt be doin much better though.

Treasury watch dog out
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:12 pm

Message to Sci/Tech

Its official now that we are not alone in the univers.
Trade negotiations may commence soon.

We need to know what technologies are to be classified and forbiden to trade.

Thank you

Assmilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:48 pm

I am scheduling 2 labs to built on sol 1 next turn. Let me know if this meets your approval.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Insayn » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:34 pm

Unless you guys disagree, trade anything and everything. Especially if they offer cash. This is an awsome source of money and atomic age stuff is not too great anyways.
Labs, of course I have no problem with labs being built. Q to Two :)
Insayn

Postby Insayn » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:06 am

The Empire will soon have state of the art colony ships. I doubt any of the other races have touched type 3 yet. However we desperately need optical computers. I would also go so far as to say we MUST have Bio comps before them. On the other hand we are so far behind on the atomic shields. We WANT to have single phase deflectors asap. Possesion of these two techs will be SciTech's Ultimate goal. Optical comps first. Then go to work on the "screens".

Also, The current research plan is the first post in this thread(I will edit it to keep it current). I like to keep it in one place ISO a new post every two days.

SciTech
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:27 am

May I propose a plan.

I think we should now trade what techs we have aside from superior weapons and defence techs to the ents. Then once we have all the cash that we need we use it to conquer the ents.

I belive we should begin military build up and research assaltpods soon. We can make the tech trades when a military buildup it half complete. That way the enemy wont get a chance to use their new techs by the time we attack with our bigger navy.

LAWS OF INVASION

please see presidential office for more information on this important set laws
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:58 am

May I suggest if there is an imposing war in the near future we research laser beams before research centers. Just something to consider, im woried about war, with good weapons we might loose
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:20 pm

Yes, if the ents declare war laser beams should be put to the top. I totally forgot about fusion generators. Really, Fusion generators are the single most effective upgrade the scouts could receive. Assualt pods will remain near the top, since it was not researched :p . SP Deflectors are my top priority at the moment.

I've Edited the List again... Beams bumped up near top. I change my mind about these things every turn it seems.

SciTech
Insayn

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:16 pm

Mr. Insayn?? Scout Gotland is under your control remember? The first scout is under Sci/Tech as a science ship. Get some orders for it cut or GM will make decisions about where it goes.

VP, SH

HSRTG
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:41 am

acctully quite a while ago if I can remember, scitech ceeded control of the gotland to you, i remember the report.

Shes all yours lol :p
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:12 pm

Well now im scitech minister, it feels great to have a job lol. Oddly I dont feel as powerful as I did a couple days ago :p . Well at least my "king george" bill passed. My science agenda may change mildly but the main stream of research will be similar to insayns. BUT under my direction I will be researching weapons and offences technology to be used in anialating our enemies. My current secret project is a gas that is an anti tree agent. Its specificly desinged to dry the ents into fire wood to be used by human hilibilies. :p

Anyways, my science agenda will be posted in the second post of this forum and edited there each turn. Thanks.

BTW Mr president, when is the next turn ?
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:27 pm

LOL anti tree agent. Funny stuff Always a good read.

Pick a number for your fleet Assimilated. As you might know Warships will be assigned numbers 1 and three. Gotland is yours from now on. I would give up defiant, but then i would be left with nothing to do.

Starfleet Command
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:22 am

Dont worry about the size of your ships, My militray application will now include updates to frigate class starships as soon as I get the tech tree cleard away.

You will have your fleet, science is fleet 2 until we have enough for a third fleet, all warships will be placed in the fleets infront of scitechs ships, I think that makes sence.

thanks for the gotland Insayn

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:44 pm

About the Bio comp. I know the research tree like the back of my hand. Bio comps require cloning. Before cloning you need fertility drugs and research center. If you wanna be technical you also need optical computers but we got those already.

Yea I'll delay the scout building untill we have corvette. Also don't forget about fighters. I no longer want biocomps. Not over the starship techs and weapons like I did before.
Corvettes are in between. Either really good Scitech ships, or really bad warships.

Star Fleet
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:21 pm

Thanks for our genorous vice presidents budget grants.
I change my agenda for crew on my vesles the defiant and gotland. set crew to 1/2 science 1/4 engieners 1/8 securtiy 1/8 navy. Update the weapons on both ships. As for specs i cant look them up now...... someone tell me whats on my ships for specs.... ??? :angry: :(
You Will Be Assimilated

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions