Any timeline for a beta of the naval game?

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby Admiral Funky » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:09 pm

Is there a rough estimate?
Admiral Funky

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:02 am

Realistically, I'm looking to get it done before the year is out. I tend to play a design through alot of iterations to try and improving its game play. Unfortunately, this takes time. Sign up for the ApeZone newletter, if you haven't already to be informed when something happens.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Insayn » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:11 am

Andrew question about the naval game
is it basically going to be like fighting a battle in STUN--you can choose the stuff/custimize the ship. And control manuevers and firing weapons.
also you said you use a system where you do the equivelent of deal out cards. Does this mean you are say, dealt three subs and a destroyer. they come as is, with no ability to make them better?
Sounds like a fun game though, long wait ???
Insayn

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:23 am

I don't want to discuss the details on a game that I haven't released yet. Don't want to be held accountable too early.

It's nothing like STUN. While you are gradually dealt out a fleet, you can use update cards (also graudually dealt out) to improve your individual ships over time. Lots of other kinds of cards to make each game interesting.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby mostevil » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:02 am

The sea looks pretty good.
Does it move?

I've been thinking about doing a "Ships of the Line" game Nelson era tall ship engagements, but getting a the sea surface right is putting me off at the moment..

If you don't mind me asking, how are you doing it?
mostevil

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:50 pm

Anonymity of a SOCKS Proxy. As SOCKS (as it was already marked above) transfers all data from a client to a server, nothing adding from itself, from the point of view of a web-server, a socks proxy is a client. Therefore anonymity of this type of proxy servers is very high.: http://www.checkproxy.net
Andrew Ewanchyna

Return to General Discussions