Presidential Office - Human Federation Admin Dept

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:37 pm

Hey guys, This is it. It Starts Now

When you open your departments please post your email address and tell me if you have MSN or not.
Right now I have no forum moderator power and I doubt they'll let me have it. But since the group has gotten bigger, it will be more probable that we get our own forum under STUN later.

Notice, the game will be played in version 3.2. Please update to recieve saved states.

If any of the cabinet members has a program that can take screen shots in game please tell me and sent it to me, also if anyone has a upload site I can host the saved state or the screenshots let me know as well.

Without thoses things though, saved states will be sent to everyone trough msn at certain times or via email if its small enough.

Please review your duties in the democ tread and perhaps post them in your offices for everyone to see and remeber Basicly im saying lets not lose them :p .

I havent set a budget yet, but I will as soon as the game situation is set. Bugets will only be used to allot amounts of capita per year to Departments, aka for crew expenditures. Buildings and ships will be payed for by aproval of grants by the president and the cabinet.

One important thing is that the first ship we have will be a science vesel because of the explicid need for one at the begining of the game. StarFleet and planetary development must decide wheather or not to build a warship next or soon.

Being Late to submit plans.

There is a turn played every two days, I will do my best to play it every 9:30pm Newfoundland Time.
You must have your plans in at least 4 hours before the turn is played or else the online cabinet members will co operativly decide your moves or if not that the president will do it.

Turns are 20 years long so plan for a 20 year timespan.

In the event that a war is declared by an alien species during a turn, the president will take complete control over fleet ships and planetary defences for the remainder of that turn.

This is all polocy. if anyone else has some guidelines theyd like seen disscused and acted on please post them here.

Thank you

President :p Assimilated Out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:24 pm

Im Going to Begin the game according to the preferences that were voted on now. anyone who submits there email address will get a copy. Please do not play on in the game for long because we dont want to ruin it. do not find any extra stars, or dont tell us or plan around knowing them or you will be "screwtenized" .If i cant get a screen shot out tonight Ill just have to attach them to the emails.

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:47 pm

Mr. President

2 things:
1) to take screenshots in stun just press the print screen key on your keyboard then open up ms paint and paste it in, I recommend saving it as a jpeg.
2) Stun3 saves are about 255k so there should be no problem emailing them, If you email them to be along with screen shots I will create a basic page at my website for save downloads and current screenshots

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:00 pm

Perfect eatomhoch, thanks. one thing tho, please let funeral mass die and re post the thing for HSRTG in the starfleet forum or the senate
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:41 pm

Mr. President,

My Turn one 20 year plan is in the PDCD forum, it has been revised based on the save.

eatomhoch
PDCD
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:11 pm

Galactic defence will have one building slot reserved for it on each world to build its weapons. But it will be limited as to how many componet slots the galactic defence department will have accoding to the wishes of the entire cabinet for the empire.

Opinions?

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:46 pm

Sounds good YWBA. Starfleet has no 20 year plan yet because

The sci department will explore the only visable system. Starfleet has the settings for the scout-to-be-built in its thread. As yet with no other known systems Starfleet cannot put out an exploration timetable. I trust the game moderator will apportion appropriately :p

Starfleet Head

HSRTG
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Blackjet » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:40 pm

Not much for me to do right now so just do anything that falls under my departments on your own this turn.
Blackjet

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:15 pm

BUGET FOR THIS TURN

Im going to budget for expenditures of 60 dollars per capita. As well as grant what I can to boost the economic and scientific power of the empire. I will limited your fundings acording to what you need to what we have and according to the importance of your department to the empire.

PLease ask for what you need. Thanks you

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:18 pm

I've requested $23 and was granted in the sci/tech thread. this leaves $37 remaining for the other departments. The future sci/tech minister I believe should look into surface mining facilities if the freighter routes don't bring home enough bacon.
Insayn

Postby Insayn » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:20 pm

It's hard to predict what will happen beyond 20 years accurately. But, at this rate it will take till november before we are in the fusion age. So I vote yes on extending turn 3 to 30 years. Also, I think I recall that we are up for re-election? If so, perhaps blackjet should be given the option to go to a more active department if he wishes. I was the last to join, yet I have one of the most important positions.
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:02 pm

Indeed. That was my dession, I had access departments and gave them up to new members. I Agree that an election should take place soon. Perhaps in the next 10-15 turns.

I will put foward notice now that after july 12th I will have to temporarly resign from my duties as a member of the board.
I will check the progress of them nation during the summer and perhaps you will all hear from me. I think by
mid augest I can activate myself as a senator and be up for re election by september :p .

During the next election I will not run for president, and I want someone to commit to be a vice to any department I will gain(if any).

As for now, im fine. We should stabalized the economy in 5 turns and I suggest after researching advances in our freighter technology we advance our drive systems and then we invest in laboratories.

I am personaly concerned with pure scientific and enconomic development. ( maybe the begining of a political party :p )

Well thats it for tonight

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby eatomhoch » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:31 am

meh I don't care about 20 or 30 years so 30 is fine with me.

I still don't understand how many turns a term is. Insayn seems to think it is 2 turns? Last I read YWBA seems to think it is 40 turns!

Anyways it should probably be some number evenly divisible by the length of the turn so I suggest 120 years or 4 turns, but even that is pretty frequent.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:30 pm

Presidental Notice :D

All your plans have not been submitted, I remind black jet he is controling star fleet right now. I need thoese plans people.
The turn will be played regardless at 11 30 tonight.
11 00 eastren.

as of now I only have speculation from scitect, nothing from star fleet but i have recived eatomhoch's plans.

Thank you everyone

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:18 am

aww #### i just got off work.. its now like 3:16am for me. I didn't officially put the plan up, but yeah Freighters all the way. It'll be up by the time you get on here.
Insayn

Next

Return to General Discussions