Galactic affairs

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby Blackjet » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:55 pm

Galactic affairs

Controls Trade negotiations(Can only trade things not made clasified by the SciTech and Starfleet Departments), the minister can make non agression pacts, and demand submitions (treaten for 1000$ ect).
Blackjet

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:30 pm

Srry black jet, your departments have been pretty slow lately because they arent needed at this exact moment. but i think between the next twenty turns defence and foreing affairs are going to become much more of a major affair. Our efforts are concentrated now on growth and research, but dont worry, soon your services will be needed. i would estimate by turn 9 or 10 we should have found alien life. weather or not its intelligent well thats depends on what we think :p
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Blackjet » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:40 am

actually I hope it is awhile before we encounter anything because then we can be more prepared for them.
Blackjet

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:17 pm

URGENT MESSAGE TO GALACTIC AFFAIRS

Blackjet, how do we react to these new life forms? Will you make plans to contact them soon? What we should do if we begin trade, or should we.

These are your calls

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:22 am

Blackjet: I am playing this turn. Because you haven't given us a clue as to how we should react, I'm going to raid a couple systems, and NOT open contact. GIVE US A DECISION ASAP!!!!!

HSRTG Out.
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Blackjet » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:42 pm

I think we whould be trading with other species. Declaring war would be something for everyone to decide on but i think we should be peacefull.
Blackjet

Postby eatomhoch » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:24 am

Strictly speaking its your decision whether or not we go to war and what kinda relations we should have. Speaking of that what kind of relations should we have with the ents? Should we trade with them? Should we give them gifts? Should we embargo them? We need your instructions before the next turn.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:28 pm

As you will Blackjet, we will trade with them. Starfleet can suggest open war but at this time I say let's build up and bide our time. Raiding resource systems is all I think we should do for now, since that doesn't damage anything other then their income. As of now you decide policy for our civ in this game, so start workin' like the rest of us :p

Starfleet Head, Vice President

HSRTG

Postby Blackjet » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:27 am

I think we should trade level three colony ships to get their gunboat tech but sci tech should have a say in that so if you could answer soon if you agree.
Blackjet

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:37 am

Very good plan, I would like to see Gun boats as a trade instead of researched, it would be very helpful Esspecially on our plans for occupation of the ent colony.
Im all for the trade.
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:57 pm

Only techs that are classified are; Single Phase D's and Bio Comps (when we get em). Don't under estimate the value of superior computers, especially in highest difficulty level.
So yes, trade trade trade.
Insayn

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:39 pm

Shouldn't lasers be classified? Their going down a diff weapons path, why give em a 3rd level research tech when it'll take em 300+ months to make it there and research it on their own. Let em sweat and work for Lasers...after all a weapons advantage is crucial in 1:1 and 1:2 or 3 (us being the 1). I dunno 'bout ya'll but the AI can work strategy but in tactics, if I have superior weapons, I can generally make it out of a pretty bad scrap.

I agree with the shields being classified and the comp. Shields keep our ships from repairing at port every 2-3 missions. Comps give our weaps more range :).

Also I'm wondering if a vote should be taken about whether the game moderator (President) should have the option to do manual control over starships when attacking worlds or colonies or raiding an enemy system. Give thoughts please.

HSRTG

Postby Blackjet » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:38 pm

He should be alowed to have manual control... but if that messes up, he might not be prez long for destroying parts of fleets under bad controlling skills.
Blackjet

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:08 pm

Under my direction ANY fusion age weaponry and assult pods are CLASSIFIED unless directed otherwise or a veto is made to change polocy (teehee :p )
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:35 pm

Hey black jet, Since there would have been no way to raise you in a timely manner I went ahead and ok'ed an Alliance with the Kerraks. Also we are at War with 3 different races right now. What do you think we should do in the future?
Insayn

Return to General Discussions