Starfleet General Office - Discussion of Starfleet Policies

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:39 pm

Greetings all. In case you don't know, I will tell you Starfleet's Purpose.

To seek out new life and new civizations with Space Technology.

To scan all planets in the galaxy.

To kick the butt of any race who opposes us or our ally's at all.

Starfleet commands ships set for war, allots ships to Science Department and Planetary Defence

All Starfleet open discussions will happen in this thread. Please keep to Starfleet buisness only.

My e-mail if you have a save-game, screenshot or concerns about how this department will react in event of war is

mlnmbnaNOSPAM@goldrush.com

Take the no-spam out.

Starfleet Head,

Humans shall rule the galaxy
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:45 pm

Starfleet cedes control of the first vessal built to Sci/R&D Department.

Starfleet requests R&D to research a kind of shielding, so our ships may be able to go more then 2-3 missions without coming back in for repairs.

Starfleet wishes to commence building another Scout-class vessal for exploration, requests funds from President, and building allotment from Planetary Defence and Development

Starfleet Head,

HSRTG

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:38 pm

This is just a post to put thios thread up away, from all the annoying threads that are insignificant. Good luck in the field General.

President Assimilated
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:13 pm

I will support shields for the first tech researched. I need a vote on the primary and secondary weapons.
Also I beleive you should have 1st fleet. The second fleet should be science ships. And any later fleets under starfleet.
I beleive PD-CD has a say in whether a scout is built. Once we know the current income and treasury balance we should decide when to build. Who is incharge of the money?
Insayn

Postby eatomhoch » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:23 pm

I think Starfleet says when they want ships, how they are configured who they are allotted to etc. and PDCD chooses where / how to build them. I agree with you guys on shields and abstain from the weapon votes. I think weapon choices should be made by starfleet, research and defense working together. When i get a save I will see for sure ,but another scout is a priority.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:44 am

For weapons Starfleet wishes Fighters to be secondary, but will support anything research chooses to be primary (my personal preferance is lasers since you dun hafta reload em).

PD-CD has chosen to do domestic improvments for the first 20 year period, check with them. Perhaps after 20 years we will get a second scout to explore. Right now Galactic Defense is not a priority of Starfleet's. The priority is to have at least one other scout out and exploring.

Scout slots in case it is built in this 20 year thing:

Atomic Generator
Electronic Computer
Rocket Drive
Two forward Pack Rockets
One rear Pack Rockets

After shielding is reasearched this scout will immediately be recalled to Sol for the following adjustment:

One forward Pack Rockets
Aft and Forward __ Shields

Crew:
15 sci
4 Engineers
1 Naval

Starfleet Head

HSRTG

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:27 pm

Your ship will be configured as follows

Nuclear Genorator
Electronic Computer
Rocket Drive
Rocket Drive
Fwrd Rocket packs
Fwrd Rocket packs
Aft Rocket packs
(u missed a slot)

2nd rocket drive is my sugestion, if you change the desscion is ultimatly yours.
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:43 pm

Second rocket drive is fine. Guess I'm more used to old-school (2.- series) scouts :p

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:57 am

Well general, we need your stap of aproval on somethings, mainly changes to the crew on the gotland and the new destinations of the defiant and the gotland after the refit you ordered is complete.
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:07 pm

The Scout Gotland Starfleet has ceded to R&D (until we encounter an advanced race, then I'll look again. Until then Gotland and her crew, I believe, are under R&D jurisdiction). Currently the Defiant's orders shall be, after refit:

Destinations:

Aries System
Aquiliae System
Krueger System

Long Term Plans:

After lightning beam is complete Scout Defiant and Gotland shall return to Sol once again for Weapons Refit.

Refit:

Nuclear Generator
Nuclear Generator
Electronic Computer
Rocket Drive
Rocket Drive
Forward Lightning Beam
Forward Lightning Beam
Rear Hellfire Bolts (If this takes 2 slots then one Rear Lightning Beam)
Aft Shields
Forward Shields

Scout Defiant's crew complement of Sci can be reduced if so ordered by president. Starfleet doesn't much care about them weird-o artyfacts. We prefer our own brawn.

Starfleet Head,

HSRTG

Postby Insayn » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:33 am

I will look into fighters hopefully soon. We wouldnt want to sent beam scouts into battle. Starfleet has first dibs on any artifact that gives a combat advantage. Some day we will have a mighty fleet of carriers that will destroy any one that would rise against us!
Insayn

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:19 pm

YIKE!! I've found that fighters needs to be secondary in my games. I've had a carrier with 4 fighters, defenseive beams, and shields wiped out by a pirate with (I think it was) fusion standoffs. I was an age ahead of those. *cry cry*. Had to send a regular dude with primary conversion beams, secondary fighters to kick its butt lol.

Starfleet Head

HSRTG

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:22 pm

On an unrelated note, I shall be gone most of Friday, all of Saturday, and most of Sunday. All Starfleet decisons will be made by...*fanfare* Blackjet from Friday 12:00pm Western/3:00pm Eastern, Until 9:00am Monday morning, Eastern. Good luck Blackjet. Try to start a war while you have it lol.

Starfleet Head

HSRTG

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:49 am

Would the substitution of defensive laser instead of an aft laser on the scouts be better ?

The 360 degrees defence would cover rear and sides against stand-offs and fighters and rely on the manuvering the ship to bring forward guns to bear.

The Gunboat (when we get them) would have 2 additional slots for Fighters which would help with softening up targets while the main guns are coming into range / manuvering.

For later carrier ships with multiple fighters would be potent for assaulting worlds or tough ships with but would need to be protected / re-inforced by a smaller secondary ships with Beams etc. if engaging an enemy possessing potent Waves, Rays or Stand-offs.

Carrier ships, I feel should be protected with a slot of defensive weapons and 2 slots of Rays, with 3 slots of generators. A pretty effective deterent against close in assaults and also fairly effective against Stand-offs

I think intel on the enemy should be an important factor in weapon selection and tactics.
Agamemnon

Postby eatomhoch » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:55 pm

I agree with Agamemnon about the aft beam. Aft weapons seem unneccesary to me.

eatomhoch
eatomhoch

Next

Return to General Discussions