Starfleet General Office - Discussion of Starfleet Policies

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Postby Insayn » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:35 pm

Large ships that can easily be out manuevered/ out flanked could benefit for aft weapons. But on small ships i agree they do nothing but take away from your primary(fwd) volley.
Insayn

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:33 pm

Good points all around. Agreed.

Ships, instead of having an aft laser beam, will have Defensive Lasers.

Scout Defiant Orders:
Continue with exploration of lower right quadrant. If an alien ship is encountered with = or lesser weaponry, blow it up and steal any artifacts it may find.

Scout Gotland Orders:
Raid an ent system. Any system. Such a thing is not a violation of any treaty. Raid multiples if possible then report back to Sol. (X-tra Income :)) Since that isn't technically a violation of treaty it should be O.K. with everyone.

Refitting ships is not a priority right now since we *are* in a fiscal hole. Crewman shall be untrained except for 2 navy on both ships until everyone agrees that we can train more. I would reccommend 1-2 trained engeneers on each ship for repair purposes, but again, this is not a priority.

Starfleet Head,

HSRTG
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:04 pm

If I take over for presidentcy, then I will resign my Starfleet post and open it up to someone else. I hope the two dudes come back so I can go back to being irresponsible most of the time and having faith in YWBA doing the turns right. *sigh*

Starfleet Head, Vice President

HSRTG

Postby Insayn » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:52 am

Starfleet General! I have an idea. Why don't we send the scouts to the Ent colony (once located) and set thier mission to patrol the planet. Then without warning declare war. This way we will not have to fight their ships, only the colony. Plus they will have NO TIME to do a thing about it.
Provided they don't jump the gun and declare war first.
Insayn

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:12 am

Whoa!!! Thats mean!!! I like it...I LOVE IT!!! LET THE ENEMIES BE BACKSTABBED AND DEATH COME TO THEM AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

In a lower key...sometimes its a good idea to lure enemy ships out because then you don't have remnents floating around attacking you.

My ideal attack fleet:
1 cruiser
2 frigates
2 scouts

Frigates for middle of the line, Cruisers for heavy support, Scouts for dogfighting enemy scouts :)

Back to the subject at hand
Since AI's don't remember transgressions like they do in Civ2 that is one cheap idea. But cheap ideas are what have won wars even in real life.

Starfleet Backstabber

HSRTG

Postby eatomhoch » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:53 pm

PDCD suggests that you send the defiant to explore the systems that will be reachable from Virgo III. Organon, Saurus, etc.
eatomhoch

Postby Insayn » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:23 am

NEW LEADERSHIP

I, Insayn, now Assume Control of this Department.
I am the new Commander of the 1st fleet. For now I have no changes to make. Long term, all these pathetic scouts will be gladly given to SciTech. The SciTech minister can name his fleet any number he wants besides the numbers 1 and 3. I reserve # 3 because i like to name my fleet after Gerneral Halsey's Mighty 3rd fleet of WWII. New Warships will be allocated to 1st fleet untill they have combat expirence. Gal Defence will be given a ship or two aswell.
Now lets see the ships men!

One more thing, For this turn let the scouts explore systems that the new colony can reach with frieghters. Towards the end of the turn if mony permits, build the last scout in the name of Assimilated. I want Four Frigates or at least Corvettes. I don't consider anything smaller than a corvette to be a Warship.

Starfleet Command Out
Insayn

Postby You Will Be Assimilated » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:01 pm

I could go to the president but I figured id ask you first. Can i have control of the gotland? I dont have a science ship and artifacts are a high priority to me. My department needs a science vesel, but bear in mind it will unconditionaly take part in military assualts. Thanks

Assimilated out
You Will Be Assimilated

Postby Insayn » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:19 pm

Sure, i will give you all the scouts eventually anyways. We aren't at war or anything.
Official order:
Gotland is now under SciTech. Good luck getting your ship trained to full scienists though. This is something I was never concerned with but we really do need a ship collecting artifacts. Just think of all the $500 artifacts that are to be found.
Insayn

Postby Insayn » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:56 pm

Year 2420

Major reorginization

Gotland and Defiant are now under Scitech. This means I have no ships at all. It only makes sence -they are scouts. They are explorerers by default. Eatomhoch the acting president for the time being has generously bugeted the scouts to be fully trained. Assimilted you must take advantage of this in your turn orders.
Move the scouts to 2nd fleet(create 2nd fleet).

By request of Scitech, Delay building another scout untill we have atleast corvette starship tech. I don't want to wait until frigates are available though. Most likley we will do this the hard way and research gunboat tech, sadly. It will take forever but its unavoidable I think.

Lets see, what else...
Configuration of the furure corvette will be a bigger slower version of the scouts (no fighters available). My configurations always have survivability as the first priority. This means plenty of shields and generators. It is foolish to build a ships around its attack if it cannot withstand an enemies primary volley. Beam ships will be designed to withstand hits to the bow of the ship. The stern will be more vulnerable. This ship will be perfect design for 1 vs 1 battles. It is not designed to fight ships equiped with (devestating) standoffs or fighters. Key word is survivability. A blown up ships is nothing but an expensive mistake.

Corvette Warship
FWD Deflector
FWD Deflector
AFT Deflector
Gen X 4
Comp
Drive
Beams X 4
Def Beams

While not helpless against Standoffs they are the most feared Weapon. I'll post a carrier version when ever they become available. A second aft shield would give more peace of mind but not nessisary I hope.
Finally name this ship "Assimilated". The first Overload Without damage artifact found I want reserved for this ship.

Starfleet Command
Insayn

Postby Insayn » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:04 pm

year 2450

Gunboat Yorktown: 1st fleet
Fwd Deflectors X2
Aft Deflectors
Gens X 3
Comp
Drive
Beams X3
Def Beams

You could compare this ship to the future Corvette as Sharnhorst to the Bismarck(WW2 theme here). Maybe we should wait till frigates are available after all?

Starfleet
Insayn

Previous

Return to General Discussions