WARNING WARNING WARNING

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Sat May 28, 2005 2:51 pm

Whatever you do do NOT NOT NOT go see Episode 3 of Star Wars. This movie stinks badly. This is the most soap-operatic worst-acted film I HAVE EVER SEEN! This is a BUTCHERY of what this could've/should've been! If you MUST have Episode 3 go buy the book at Amazon or Barnes and Noble, its about $20 and is worth reading. Please, I'm begging you, for the love of whatever you hold dear do NOT go see this turd of a movie.

Summary: DO NOT GO SEE REVENGE OF THE SITH! Read the book instead. This movie gets a 0......out of 10.
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Sun May 29, 2005 10:41 am

Ha, I've only seen the last 2 on tv or dvd. They're all plagued by poor dialog. Will probably see the last one on tv or dvd too. Hey, you've got to see the weak turn to the dark side of skywalker. Star Wars was always space opera at its best/worst. Loved the original 2 films, though.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Meatboy Dogfood » Sun May 29, 2005 10:43 am

Ohh bad or half baked acting and a space opera like plot, done like a soap opera? Sounds like the star wars I first saw twenty eight years ago. I have to see it now.
Meatboy Dogfood

You don't understand...

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Sun May 29, 2005 11:57 am

No no no, you don't understand Meatboy. This isn't reasonable acting like in the first trilogy. This isn't even close to good. This is the most horrid acting you will probably ever see in your life. The action sequences raise it from a -1 to a 0. That's it.

Oh, and the movie? It's not even really linear, it skips from one scene to the next with almost nothing to explain why. I was only able to follow it because I had read the much better book. You know whats GOING to happen but how it gets there is very poor.

One last thing. For those of you expecting Darth Vader to be sad that his wife is dead in the end while he's first experiancing the armor...Picture the most cliched soap-operatic NOOOOOO you can (watching Futureama's Calculan works). This is what he does, except he doesn't fall to his knees.

Amidalas outfits are unnceccesarily revealing to boot. On the other hand this might make it good for some people.

The only descriptive words that accurately reflect how bad this movie is would be censored.

EDIT: After furthur thought, this might be an effort by Lucas Film to make a comedy.
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Insayn » Sun May 29, 2005 11:37 pm

I liked Star Wars for the weapons and space ships. Futuristic weapons and super human abilities I bet will make it alright. Attack of the clone wars was better than episode one. I like all of them though. Empire strikes back is the best one still if only they had better effects back then.
Insayn

Postby Blackjet » Mon May 30, 2005 1:40 pm

I have to say you need to watch it if only for the battle scenes! It is AWSOME!
Blackjet

Postby Thesis » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:08 am

I thought Revenge of the Sith was hilarious in parts and overall pretty satisfying.
At least George did his best, I went back and watched episodes 4,5 and 6 and the transition was remarkably seamless.
Favourite part was when Anakin storms the Jedi headquarters in a style reminiscent of John Cleese in 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'
Thesis

Return to General Discussions