I'm going to be gone.

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

I'm going to be gone.

Postby Blackjet » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:40 pm

I'm going to be gone after tonight. If I find a bunch of people happy about it you realize you are helping with the bad image new users have of the people on these forums. I will be back in a week so I will know what you all said, if anything.
Blackjet

Heh

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:59 pm

Yay Blackjet's gone! Just kidding. Seriously I don't think anyone cares enough to gloat. We're all just cynical b******s. See you in a few days.
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Insayn » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:07 pm

People have a bad image of the people on this forum? We are all nice guys, I thought?! :D I haven't been happy blackjet has been gone... Anyone? It's been quite boring without him.
Insayn

Postby Meatboy Dogfood » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:27 am

Feh, this is one of the most polite gaming forums going. We are gonna have to thicken up insayn's skin a bit. :lol:
Meatboy Dogfood

Postby Blackjet » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:20 pm

I agree we are all very nice to each other... but new people keep saying that we are very mean and are shutting down their ideas and sugestions.
Blackjet

Postby Meatboy Dogfood » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:10 am

Well in a lot of ways it depends. I will listen to new ideas with an open mind. The ones that get me are the ones that have no sense of balance.

"Hey I have this idea for a standoff weapon. See these do only ninety percent of the damage of a regular standoff so they only take up one slot instead of two on a ship. Because they are smaller a ship can carry three times as many so now a ship with twenty can like carry sixty standoffs. Also they are like loaded into a set of mulituple barrels that rotate when it fires, so a ship can shoot four standoffs at a time I call them Gatling Standoffs. I think it is really neat"
It also has no balance at all and why would anybody research anything but standoffs.

Yet if you say "Hey there you think those might be a wee bit to powerful?", and that sends them off in a huff because you are daring to question there Ideas, then yes we could be construed as hash I guess.

Still if it is your idea to improve stun you should reevaluate it and present it again. That and always remember that Andrew is the game god and has the finial say as to what he codes into his products. Suggestions are just that, suggestions.

Now I certainly have been known to come up with a wild idea or to {Doomsday Seed} :D but I expect my ideas to be picked apart by everybody when I post them. Also, if I'm told that is to overbalancing or just to spooky, I get on to the next concept. I don't get slighted when I'm told no. It's all part of the game.
Meatboy Dogfood

Postby Blackjet » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:30 am

I agree fully, exvept that isn't what people see it as. They often tell me in pm's that I'm the only nice person here. I am actually offended by that. It is offencive that the cunstructive critisism has been seen as rude and callous remarks. It also says that I'm putting up with and maybe agreeing with VERY bad ideas.(not as bad as the gattling standoffs but you get the idea). We need to fix this and not come across as pious snobs. Oh and you did nothing wrong really.

here are some of the pm's
aracuan_76 wrote:hello my dear friend!u are very kind that u want to welcome me.
unefortunately,this is the only good attitude that i have seen so far here,since,i have posted a trouble of me,but no one cared about what have happened,and help me find a solution.
anyway,thanks for your welcome again

sorry that it is the same person but
aracuan_76 wrote:my dear friend,
therefore how can u say that there are friendly people in here which they care about others problems?
i believe that u are an exception,but a greek saying sais that one spring bird only its not enough to bring the whole spring back...

aracuan again.,....
aracuan_76 wrote:hello dear blackjet.very nice your mail,i was emotioned,honestly.its good to have a nice person among this forum like u.too pity that the others do not share the same feelings like u...
anyways its ok

Wow... I guess that is why you don't delete things... All I have is posts from aracuan.. oh well. At least I didn't make any up!
Blackjet

Postby Insayn » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:21 am

I delete all my private messages aswell.
I think I go out of my way to help a person out if I can be of any assistance. The problem might be aggrivated by broken english(I don't know a second language so more power to him). Over in the STUN section we are exceptionaly friendly aren't we. :wink:

We can suggest all the insane suggestions we want, but STUN and even BC are becoming less of a priority as Andrew has at least two other projects besides those. Considering the low chance of a suggestion being eventually implimented I try to limit them to simple functional things and less on things that would require weeks of play testing to rebalance the game.
Insayn

Postby Blackjet » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:16 pm

Yah, I'm sorry I couldn't get the other quotes but, oh well.
Blackjet

Return to General Discussions