Forum Member of the Month

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Forum Member of the Month

Postby Blackjet » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:42 pm

I would like to nominate "456 PickUpSticks" as the Forum Member of the Month for getting the forums live and VERY active once again. We couldn't have done it without him!
Blackjet

Postby 456 PickUpSticks » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:24 am

Hey thanks Blackjet!

I really love STUN and I think Andrew is very talented. The thing I love most about this game and forum is that it is evolving and open for suggestions/improvements. I enjoy thinking up ideas for the game because hopefully, in either a small or big way, they may somehow spark Andrew's imagination.

So often I buy games that I find fun to play for about a week but after having played through once or twice I get bored of them. Many games rely on multiplayer support to bolster their replayability - papering over the cracks of otherwise uninteresting gameplay.

STUN succeeds in maintaining my interest because of its simple charm and elegance. I love how it lets me invent my own story of galactic conquest every game.

Am I playing a dramatisation of humanity's potential future where we reach for the stars over the next 1000-2000 years? Is this humanity of the future peaceful or warlike?

Am I playing out the conquest of the Mandalorians in the Star Wars galaxy? Or the Rebels trying to overthrow Palpatine's minions?

Am I the leader of the race that will spread a totally new philosophy to every corner of the galaxy?

That is what is truly great about this game - it provides a template to play out all my sci-fi fantasies.

I have to go now, I'm off to annihilate Insayn's pesky Minervans. I've never much liked those stinky fish-people. They taste nice though :twisted:
456 PickUpSticks

Postby Blackjet » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:22 pm

The Zor don't like bugs!
Edit: I'm going to have to rename the zotl the vuhl !
Blackjet

Postby Insayn » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:16 am

The minervans are the coolest race in the game. I absolutly hate the Ents. :evil:
I play as Vader in Star Wars galaxy lately, though. :idea:
Insayn

Postby 456 PickUpSticks » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:37 am

Yeah playing as Vader is fun, but there is nothing like forging a Galactic Empire of the Jawa!

All those eons of scavenging rusty hulks from the Desert sea finally paid off. Having accumulated enough capital to purchase a scout starship and having relocated their entire race from sandy Tattooine to a more pleasant uninhabited farm world, the Jawa converted sandcrawlers into rudimentary freighters and accumulated enough resources to build the mightiest fleet in the galaxy. Not even the Imperial's fleet of Death-Stars could halt the march of the Jawa!
456 PickUpSticks

Postby Blackjet » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:11 pm

But the Ór beat them all!! Humans, zor and vuhl alike!
Blackjet

Postby Spectre » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:00 pm

Vulhs are cool.

Zerg in StarCraft are better.
Spectre

Postby Blackjet » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:12 pm

Spectre wrote:Vulhs are cool.

Zerg in StarCraft are better.

The ZERG????? How can the zerg do anything? They can't Pierce the Icewall!
Blackjet

Return to General Discussions