Would you buy an Apezone Game if it were pure Mutiplayer

For things not related directly to ApeZone games. Discuss, debate, but do it in good taste.

Would you buy a Multiplayer only game from apezone

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes : 12

Would you buy an Apezone Game if it were pure Mutiplayer

Postby dogydog » Fri May 19, 2006 7:08 pm

From My limited understanding of game developing, adding features to games is relatively easy (that’s not to say it's incredibly easy). It's adding the AI and balancing the game that takes the time and effort.

So my question is, if Andrew made a multiplayer only game, removing the need to programme an enemy AI, would you buy it?

Dogydog
dogydog

Postby dogydog » Fri May 19, 2006 7:09 pm

I unfortunatly voted no, not because I dont like apezone or anything. It's just I dont play multiplayer games.
dogydog

Postby Blackjet » Wed May 24, 2006 4:34 pm

I just want to mention that a multiplayer game has a totally different programming challenge. As I too am a developer, I know what this is like! LOL
Blackjet

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Wed May 24, 2006 8:17 pm

Heck, even I'd vote no, as I'm not a multiplayer game player either. I'd never buy a game that didn't have a single-player mode (look at Laser Squad Nemesis, they eventually had to add a single-player mode). Also, a multiplayer-only game would require some serious investment in marketing to get enough people to make it worth doing.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Blackjet » Thu May 25, 2006 2:13 pm

It would have a huge marketing campain needed! You couldn't have 5 people who all play at different times!
Blackjet

Postby Terrell » Fri May 26, 2006 1:49 am

Depends on the game Andrew made. My all time favorite video game is an MMORPG though it was shut down by EA in 2004 while my 2nd favorite game (and the rest of my top ten) are single player games or single player with the option of multiplayer.
Terrell

Postby dogydog » Fri May 26, 2006 2:01 am

OK, shows what I know. HA.

Dogydog
dogydog

Postby Insayn » Fri May 26, 2006 8:04 pm

I actually like multiplayer games. Though, they are all First person shooters. Team fortress, counter strike, day of defeat, ect.. other half-life mods. These are huge games with millions of people playing at anyone time.
As for games like these here. Solar wars and civillization would be the only ones I've ever played multiplayer. Even civilization has very few people and its one of the most famous games of all time.
Insayn

Postby em2nought » Sun May 28, 2006 4:10 am

Voted no, unless he was making MMP Red Baron 3D version II. Heck I'd even want some two seaters with AI gunners in that so I guess it's no anyway.
em2nought

Postby xerxes » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:32 pm

Multiplayer only - no, unless that is an add-on for STUN.

A game *with* multi - whole different story.
xerxes

Postby Paul_G » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:48 pm

Ugh, no!

I know I'm a bit late for this discussion, and Andrew has cast his vote. But I want to add my vote to please not go down that road. I hate multiplayer for the most part and wouldn't want to see work that could be used developing great stuff like Starships Unlimited getting put into multiplayer instead.

Isn't there enough of that stuff already? Quality single player games are becoming more and more scarce now. My experience is that popular multiplayer games are always ruined by hackers and cheesy, immature players regardless of how good the premise is.

Maybe I was just on the wrong areas. I played the Diablos online, I had XBox live for 3 weeks before trashing it in disgust, and I've got friends who are into MMORPG's so I've seen what goes on there. But regardless, I have zero interest in multiplayer.
Paul_G

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:16 am

Don't worry, I'd never compromise Starships Unlimited just for adding a multiplayer component to it. I still haven't figured how I'd do it without breaking the game. Starship Kingdom will help me see the viability of creating games with an online component to it as it will use a game lobby that can help me track statistics on online use. Heck if nobody plays it online then its obviously not worth wasting my time coding the online portion. We'll see.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby rgjsaunders » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:44 pm

:arrow: I'm not a multi player fan either. My wife is addicted to Diablo - Kids are into warcraft - I'm the MCSE here and have no interest in multi-player :oops: BTW STUN is Great. Thanks.
rgjsaunders

Postby Bluevoss » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Multiplayer is just a cheap way of getting your AI done for you.

Never liked it. I deal with 'holes all day. You want a thrill - get between a yuppie and something it wants. WHen I go home, I just want to go into my own private world, and not have someone cheat/rush/hack my game into a frustrating experaince.
Bluevoss

Re: Would you buy an Apezone Game if it were pure Mutiplayer

Postby Admiral Mojo_ » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Battleship Chess would be a great multi-player game if only it would let you connect on-line. Too bad ApeZone dropped the ball on this great little game!

When I told Andrew that I couldn't connect on-line, he said he didn't know if it worked with wireless routers-what?

If Apezone doesn't know how it's software works, who does? In reality, Apezone doesn't care if BC works as advertised--too bad!
Admiral Mojo_

Return to General Discussions