Scoring System

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Scoring System

Postby Admiral_Reyth » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:33 pm

Could someone explain to me how the scoring system should be interpreted (specifically, in relation to ships destroyed)?

I notice the comp is very good at earning points and regularly defeats me there while I often destroy all of his ships. The game routinely ends with the comp having a large point advantage but no ships.

So did I win or the comp? How would this work P vs. P?

A_R
Admiral_Reyth

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:50 am

It all depends on the special bonus of that battle. If it says get 2x for hitting Cruisers, then every point of damage you do to a cruiser is doubled. If it says you get 2x for using a cruiser, then you get 2 times the damage your cruisers inflict on the enemy. It can really add up. I believe its in the manual (pamphlet :) )
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

The Ultimate Meaning

Postby Admiral_Reyth » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Right. My question is what does the score actually mean and how much significance does it have in relation to ships destroyed.

When a game ends and the comp has more points but I destroyed all of his ships, who won?

And how would this same result be interpreted if the game was player versus player?

A_R
Admiral_Reyth

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:45 pm

This game is about getting a higher score than your opponent, not about sinking ships, although some battles give you bonuses for sinking ships. It works the same in multiplayer.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Great Answer

Postby Admiral_Reyth » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:47 pm

Ok excellent answer.

So even if someone loses all of their ships they still win if they have a higher score...

I do notice however that on the Global Rankings you have the number of ships sunk, along with total tonnages. This doesn't relate to score at all.

It seems like ships sunk could be a factor in this game somehow... :?:

A_R
Admiral_Reyth

Postby Insayn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:50 pm

I am more interested in the number of ships I sink rather than the score. High Tonnage is good too because its harder to sink those BB's.
Insayn

Re: Scoring System

Postby Admiral Mojo_ » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:40 am

There is somthing wrong with the scoring system when I sink all six of the computers ships without it sinking any of my, but the computer wins 6000 to my 3000 points--goofy stupid scoring system.
Admiral Mojo_

Return to Battleship Chess