A little something for the next version?

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

A little something for the next version?

Postby Soulmage » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:05 am

I noticed that when one of your captains reaches level 10, you change his title to Admiral.

What if you continued the whole way down, so:

1-3 Commander
4-6 Captain
7 Commodore
8 Rear Admiral
9 Vice Admiral
10 Fleet Admiral

I think it would be fun seeing your guys get actual promotions in addition to their level increase.

On a similar note. . . right now it appears that your rank for the global rankings is just determined by your score. It might be fun to have your rank be indpendent of your score.

Instead, what if any time you received the 500 point bonus for winning a war by wiping out the enemy battlefleet, you also got a promotion, and that was the only way you could get promoted. You might even want to exclude 1 battle wars so you can't get promoted off of them.

So 'doing your job' by winning battles will improve your standings on the scoreboard. But only though exceptional achievement will you rise in rank?
Soulmage

Postby Soulmage » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:08 am

Oh and something else. . .

What about an 'Impossible' difficulty setting where all the enemy ships have Level 10 admirals?
Soulmage

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Would that last idea be fun?
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Soulmage » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:45 pm

I think so. I've gotten to the point where its never a question anymore of whether I will beat the computer. Its just a question by how much. If the computer had all Level 10s I can see how it would be almost impossible to beat it. . . but I think it would be fun to try!
Soulmage

Postby Soulmage » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:09 pm

OK. . . well maybe not 10s LOL! But maybe give everything but their destroyers and subs 8s or so. The computer doesn't need any help with its torpedoes!
Soulmage

Return to Battleship Chess