Suggestions

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Suggestions

Postby Chinchilla » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:19 am

Hello,
I am currently working on beating the AI on Hard with 10 battles, and something occurs to me.

Having almost wiped out the enemies navy, but not quite, I was wondering if anyone has suggested an "Unlimited" or "Conquest" mode, in addition the the number of battles currently. This would finally give me as any rounds as it takes to clear the seas of the enemy.

I was also wondering if anyone has suggested weather effects. Things like wind could effect accuracy of shells, strong currents effect torpedo's, Fog could effect visibility.

Love the game though. Best money I have ever spent. I bought STUN way back in version 1.0 :D

keep these great games coming!
Chinchilla

Re: Suggestions

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 am

Hi, I think some of these have been suggested. Having a no-limits game would be great. Thanks for the support.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby chrisrae » Sat May 02, 2009 12:22 pm

First to say tip top game, only one that has me addicted.

I thought it would be 'correct' if you could see a burning ship at one square greater distance, can't see it mentioned before if it has been ignore me.
chrisrae

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Sat May 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Not sure I understand your request. Why just one more square?
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby chrisrae » Sat May 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Thinking that ships that see a single square would be able to see a burning ship two squares away, enhanced vision two square vision ships would see burning ships at 3 squares.

Ideally you would see the smoke plume not the whole ship.

To be honest I'm not sure if it would improve game play if you cant give it to the AI; currently I think its too easy for crippled ships to escape the AI as it can't 'guestimate' like a human.

I wouldn't give it a lot of thought unless it appeals to you; The game is superb as it is....
chrisrae

Return to Battleship Chess