Any chance

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Any chance

Postby Soulmage » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:44 pm

you'll ever do a quick bug fix on the "sailing noise" sound in Battleship Chess 2.2.

I can't imagine it would take very long. Right now the sailing noise lasts long after the ship stops moving, until the smoke catches up with it. It's not really that big a deal, just annoying. I know you're doing mobile game development but a quick fix would be a nice parting gift for your customers who bought the game.

Thanks for considering.
Soulmage

Re: Any chance

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 pm

You don't like the sailing noise after the ships move? I admit that it could go on a little longer when you have a shorter move. It currently uses a fire and forget type of logic. I'd have to monitor the event where the sound fires, check when the move is done, and send a cancel specific sound. This would take a lot more lines of code than the text that I'm typing here. Is that really the parting "shot" that you want?
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Re: Any chance

Postby Soulmage » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:18 pm

I thought in the previous version the sailing noise would stop as soon as the ship stopped moving, and the smoke would catch up quietly. So I thought we were talking reverting to a previous version of code, not writing a bunch of new script. I would agree that its probably not worth it if that is what is involved.
Soulmage

Return to Battleship Chess