Global Ranking Question and Suggestion

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Global Ranking Question and Suggestion

Postby Soulmage » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:12 pm

My rank in the game doesn't match my rank in the Global Ranking. In the game I'm a commander, but in the Global Ranking I still show up as a Lieutenant. Is this intentional or a bug?

I also had a couple suggestions for the global ranking system - first the easy one:

- It would be good if there were a "score" as well. This score could just be total tonnage sunk - total tonnage lost. That way all those would-be admirals out there are held accountable for their losses, as opposed to just "whomever plays the most ranks the highest" (although I do see that the top few ranks are indeed very able commanders.)

- If you wanted to make it even more sophisticated, you could even award bonus score points depending on the difficulty level you're playing at, as well as the "age." The subs and destroyers make the game much harder and those folks should get credit for taking on that challenge. (I'm only up to the destroyers myself. The subs were kicking my ass!)
Soulmage

Postby RickC » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:40 pm

My rankings have not been updating correctly either since updating to the new version. (2.0a)

REC
RickC

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:00 am

The mismatch between local and global rankings is intentional. I wanted the local rankings to represent how much responsibility the admiralty gives you in terms of choosing fleets and upgrades, while the global ranking would get set each month to allow a race to develop. Just a bit of sporting.

As for the scoring suggestions, I tend to agree. I should decrease a score/tonnage based on skill level to. I'll do something about it next version.

I agree, I love how subs can change the whole dimension of battle.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Design

Postby floor962 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:52 pm

The mismatch between local and global rankings is intentional. I wanted the local rankings to represent how much responsibility the admiralty gives you in terms of choosing fleets and upgrades, while the global ranking would get set each month to allow a race to develop. Just a bit of sporting.

Very funky i love it. ?
floor962

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:34 am

Ha, true. I should really change the names of each thing. It was a last minute addition. Can you tell?
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Return to Battleship Chess