Version

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Version

Postby RickC » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:59 pm

Is version 2.0a the most recent version?

thanks
Rick
RickC

version----BC

Postby Mac » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:01 pm

Yes, it's the most current. I just bought the full version a few days ago about half-way thru the Demo.

What a perfect little, compact game!! So simple, yet so much to it. I cannot picture ever getting tired of playing this one!!.........

(And I love military games....but most require a lot of time for set-up, etc, etc.,....not this one!!! Very easy and fun to jump into and out of games with Battleship Chess....spend as much time as you like...)

:P
Mac

Postby RickC » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:51 pm

I agree. My one and only gripe is I still get bumped down to beginner (Ensign) each and every month.
RickC

rank

Postby Mac » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:10 pm

Whoa! Your personal officer Rank should still stay the same, even if you get moved down in the ApeZone number rankings depending on the other guys' scores.......

I'm still a Lt. JG even though others' number scores move up or down around me...(and I go up or down in # ranking because of it)........

Your score ''at home'' still gives you your basic Rank. How you compare on the ApeZone ''ladder'' with others just depends on the tonnage and sinkings and stuff.......but you still keep your ''at home'' Rank!!!

Cap'n Mac :wink:
Mac

Postby Blackjet » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:50 am

I don't think you'll ever et bored with it either, well as long as you take a day off from it every once and a while you will be fine!
Blackjet

Re: rank

Postby RickC » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:34 pm

Mac wrote:..but you still keep your ''at home'' Rank!!!

Cap'n Mac :wink:

No, I don't.

Every month I'm reset to Ensign.

RickC

rank reset

Postby Mac » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:19 am

I know if you change your name you get an option to reset your score if you want to select that, which would make you an Ensign again.

I will have to watch and see if I get reset rank-wise in August. I've only been playing this month--July--so far......

Cap'n Mac
Mac

you are right---score reset monthly

Postby Mac » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:21 pm

You're right. I just played my first game this month (my first new month since buying the game), and although the game promoted me to Lt. Cdr. due to tonnage sunk, I see I am reset on the Global Rankings. !!??

I also see if I play a new game, my game still recognizes me as a Lt. Cdr.---so I still get the benefits of promotion game-wise.

I guess it only makes sense we get reset each month for website scores, or scores would get outta sight if they carried over month to month. But that also tells me SRK played enough in JULY to get a score of 2,122,100 tonnage with 2042 sinkings. Either something is wrong here.....or he plays enough to sink on average between 60 and 70 ships every single day of the month!!!!????

I don't have that kind of free time on MY hands.........haha :o
Mac

RickC---Lt JG

Postby Mac » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:33 pm

On your screen shot you posted, I see you still have RickC as Lt. JG. as your playing rank for that name. Only the other name was an Ensign.

The way I see it, your game remembers all your promotions if you do not reset your scores yourself.....but each month you start from scratch rank- and tonnage-, etc., wise on the ApeZone global rankings.

You will know your actual at-home rank all the time....I guess there is just no way to keep track of your own total life-time tonnage and so on, unless you just write it down each month and keep adding it up at home...
Mac

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:08 am

There's suppose to be a local ranking that's used in deciding what you can upgrade and choose before a battle. Then there's the global rankings that gets set each month to allow people to compete each month from scratch. A little confusing as it was a late addition to the game.

RickC, I've added a cheat code to bump you locally to fleet admiral (just with respect to being able to pick things). This should resolve your problems as I've yet to be able to reproduce it myself.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby RickC » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:02 pm

Thank you Andrew. Where can I get this cheat code because both of my usernames were bumped down to Ensign again this month? I hate having to start from scratch and not getting to choose any ship upgrades all over again.

Can you drop it to me here in a PM?
Last edited by RickC on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickC

Re: RickC---Lt JG

Postby RickC » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:24 pm

Mac wrote:On your screen shot you posted, I see you still have RickC as Lt. JG. as your playing rank for that name. Only the other name was an Ensign.

RickC is shown as a Lt JG because I played a couple battles using that username before I took the screenie. Both had been reset to Ensign. And both usernames were Fleet Admirals just a few days before.
RickC

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:51 pm

It will be in the next version, something I'm finishing up right now. Version 2.1 will include the Russian navy, melee starting conditions, and more mobile ships. Lots of other things, like bug fixes and things I can't recall at the moment.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby RickC » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:37 pm

ok, Thank you
RickC

Postby Bozo » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:32 am

Any ETA for 2.2 ?
Bozo

Return to Battleship Chess