another new question (???)

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

another new question (???)

Postby Mac » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:12 pm

Just played 2 games in a row with subs. Sank 3 ships in 1 game, but I got credit for 4 at the end. I sank all 6 enemy ships in the other, and got credit for 7.

I think there might have been an enemy merchant ship in each game, but I never heard an SOS that they were sinking or anything like that.

Any reason I might have got 1 more sinking credit than I think I really sank in each game? (Both game end screens listed only the 3 and the 6 I knew about.) :?
Mac

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:47 pm

I've not been able to reproduce this.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

sinkings per battle

Postby Mac » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:36 am

Okay, I think I know what has happened.

I just played a game where I got to salvage a sunken ship of mine. I forget the exact names of the final scoring screens, but the 1st one that comes after the battle lists the ship commanders who are promoted and the names of the ships sunk. My sunken-but-salvaged Seydlitz was not listed, since it got returned to the battle. But in the next/final screen, where the battle points breakdown is listed, it showed me as having lost 1 ship (which I had, even though I salvaged it again before the battle was over). It's the 1st time I had occassion to play a salvage card during a battle.

So I am thinking in the two Chapter 5 games I played, where I was credited with one additional sinking per battle that was not listed as sunk on the second to the last battle-results screen, it was probably due to my AI opponent salvaging one ship each battle. They did not get listed as being sunk on the one screen, but did get listed as losses on the final screen. I probably just lost track of how many enemy ships actually went down per battle and didn't realize the enemy had salvaged anything.

I'm not positive this is what happened, but I think it is a reasonable explanation of what probably happened. :lol:
Mac

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:46 am

I find its easy to lose track of how many ships I've sunk too.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Return to Battleship Chess