Still Hammering away

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Still Hammering away

Postby Meatboy Dogfood » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:55 pm

I still find myself playing this game regularly. BC is still one of the best "got a minuite games" to have on your hard drive. The concept you were shooting for was achived Andrew.
Meatboy Dogfood

Postby James Sterrett » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:18 pm

Yep - it's always good for 15 minutes of ship-smashing fun. :D
James Sterrett

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:47 am

Thanks, guys. That's what I'm shooting for. :oops:

Hope to do it again with my next game, Starship Kingdom. This time, the multiplayer aspect of the game will be done better. Still a pain to debug, though. :evil:
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Blackjet » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:19 am

Andrew Ewanchyna wrote:Thanks, guys. That's what I'm shooting for. :oops:

Hope to do it again with my next game, Starship Kingdom. This time, the multiplayer aspect of the game will be done better. Still a pain to debug, though. :evil:

Irony time! You know how much I wanted multiplayer? I can't use it now! My college uses a proxy that blocks almost all ports but 80. Well, things going to all ports but 80.
Blackjet

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:39 am

This shouldn't be a problem with the new game's multiplayer as it uses http calls (e.g. port 80).
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Blackjet » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:17 am

Andrew Ewanchyna wrote:This shouldn't be a problem with the new game's multiplayer as it uses http calls (e.g. port 80).

Really?
*HUGE SMILE*
Only problem is that it will need to be compatable with the proxy. Is there proxy options? If this game was in Java I could even give you the part of the API that you could find with a simple search, but alas, even if it was you wouldn't need the help! LOL
Blackjet

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:41 pm

What do you mean by proxy options? Is there something I'm missing? I'm using simple get and post commands.

Sorry, the game is in C++, not Java.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Blackjet » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:13 am

Oh, I already knew it wasn't in Java. If the program isn't set up to access the proxy, nothing gets out. I am forced by my school to use a proxy to connect to the internet. AIM, Browsers, and anything else lucky enough to get through need the proxy. To see what I mean go into tools internet options. If firefox go to general then connection settings. You'll see the proxy info there. In Internet explorer go to the connections tab and you'll see it there. Your program will need to contact the proxy for permission. It also needs a user name and password to get in I think. At least AIM did. I don't think my programs, IE, or firefox did, so AIM may be an exception because of all the other data it sends.
Blackjet

Postby em2nought » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:18 pm

Blackjet wrote:
Andrew Ewanchyna wrote:Thanks, guys. That's what I'm shooting for.

Along that same train of thought you might look at these special flash drives that function as personal PCs on other peoples computers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U3 There's an SDK for making your software compatable with their drives. People could basically take their Apezone games along with them wherever they go since the games are always good for a few minutes of fun when a few minutes is all you have. Might also be another avenue for sales as you might be able to become an approved vendor.
em2nought

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:52 am

Wow, U3 looks cool. It also looks like a completely new O/S, with all the problems that gives. The vendor approved also makes me hesitant. Cool idea, though.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby em2nought » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:15 am

Andrew Ewanchyna wrote:Wow, U3 looks cool. It also looks like a completely new O/S, with all the problems that gives. The vendor approved also makes me hesitant. Cool idea, though.

Picked up a Sandisk with U3 at Best Buy. Seem to be pretty common, I've seen them at Walmart also. Only look to be about a dozen lame games available for them thru their U3 system. I'll try running Battleship Chess on it outside their software. To install to their software requires a different file format than .exe
em2nought

Return to Battleship Chess