New Review for Battleship Chess

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

New Review for Battleship Chess

Postby CautiousChaos » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:31 am

Hey Andrew,

Thought you might want to see this review I came upon on Manifesto.com. Pretty darn good review for your title from someone (the reviewer) who seems to be an afficionado of naval warfare.

http://www.manifestogames.com/node/2656

After reading the review, it reminded me of how much I enjoyed the demo. I picked up the full version last night!

-cc
CautiousChaos

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:38 pm

He certainly knows what he's talking about it. Its nice to read a review where the reviewer actually played the game enough to write a review.

He's certainly right about the "weird mix" of the game. I so wanted a casual game but my own leaning are for a more detailed war game.

Thanks for letting me know.

Andrew
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby aracuan_77 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:18 am

i have read the article.
my dear friend if you want to play online with me,just email me,aracuan_76@hotmail.com
although i consider it a bit strict in some points,it actually gives the score that really can stand-at least-the bc,although i m a fanatical and i think that should be higher cause its the only game in that kind.
however,i m verifying my self again when i m saying that bc can be pushed up to achieve much better quality in gameplay.
unefortunately,narrow brains are many,therefore,nobody seems to understand that.
aracuan_77

Review review

Postby Admiral_Reyth » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:27 am

I review the review as follows:

The reviewer is a hardcore wargamer. However, he loves this game in spite of himself because the game author has a very advanced sense of gameplay. All of his criticisms revolve around realism, but how realistic is the game of chess?

In my opinion the author has found a perfect balance between the two gaming genres in such a way that the game is tremendously fun to play -- ultimately isn't that what really matters?

A_R
Admiral_Reyth

Return to Battleship Chess