Starship Kingdoms crash

Discuss the game of Starship Kingdom

Starship Kingdoms crash

Postby Mischief Maker » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:03 pm

I have been getting a frequent crash in the Starship Kingdom's 1.1 demo. It happens just about every game.

Here is the error signature:

AppName: stark.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: audiere.dll
ModVer: 1.9.4.0 Offset: 00004039

My computer is a Dell Latitude laptop with an Nvidia Quadro NVS 135 graphics card, and integrated sound card, and a dual core processor running on Windows XP service pack 3.
Mischief Maker

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Hmm, seems to be crashing in the 3rd party sound library, Audiere. Will have to think on this one.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Mischief Maker » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 am

When I switch off sound and music the crashing goes away.

If you are going to patch this, I have two easy and one hard suggestions for enhancements you might want to include:

1. Make beams, shields, engine exhaust, and missile exhaust change colors depending on the player's tech level. Like level 1 beams are red, level 2 are orange, level 8 are blue, etc.

2. Don't decrease a ship's armor level or shut off its engines until AFTER a missile makes impact.

3 (The hard one) The AI needs to be way more aggressive with increasing tech and prioritizing attacking planets that the player is attempting to tech up with. I have soundly trounced all the AI personalities again and again by just teching until I've run out of planets, then steamrolling them with a large army of superior tech ships.
Mischief Maker

Return to Starship Kingdom