Beta 2 released

Discuss the game of Starship Kingdom

Beta 2 released

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:32 pm

Here's a release that fixes the shutdown that some of you are experiencing. Here's a list of all the changes:

-Fixed problem with game shuting down after 7 minutes on some machines.
-I can resize the game window by pulling on the edges. Not anymore
-Scroll text a little slower on intro
-Put the name of the game before the intro text
-Don't exit the game with Esc anymore
-"Declare their independants" => "Declare their independence"
-Make it clearer that a star can upgrade only one players fleet (phases of a turn). So that if Sol has an armor upgrade and you purchase it, then once its completed next turn, all your ships will be upgraded to level-2 armor for the rest of the game. And that Sol will no longer have any more upgrades to offer
-Try to make disks around planets a little brighter
-Reorder ships on buy menu so they match the normal triplet (x-x-x) order
-Theirs/yours. Remove from starmap? Yes
-Need to differentiate the ships more. Change sizes, make CC much smaller than BB and BB much smaller than SS.
@STILL NEED TO REDO THE SHIP ICONS.

There will be many more changes in the next update. Stay tuned.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Blackjet » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:43 pm

I LOVE the new colors for the ships. It looks AWESOME! I haven't tested anything other than looking at the tile screen yet though. The slow down in the text speed seems to be at just the right speed. One of my friends had commented that the text went by too fast. Having already known what it said genrally didn't think much of it. I went back and looked and yes, it used to be too fast! I'll let you know about how the game with another AI type went soon.

EDIT: I think it is worth noting that if you choose to run the game at the end of the install, the setup never actually quits.
Blackjet

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:10 pm

EDIT: I think it is worth noting that if you choose to run the game at the end of the install, the setup never actually quits.

This is an Inno Setup thing and is known. Not sure what to do about it.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Blackjet » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 pm

Ok, I didn't think it was something you could do anything about, but hey, why not mention it. It might have been in your control!
Blackjet

Return to Starship Kingdom