Major problem

Found a bug? Then tell us all about it here.

Major problem

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:33 pm

Andrew I have a major problem. Ever since version 3.0 I cannot manually take control of a starship in combat and fire. It doesn't matter what I do, every time I try STUN locks up. Please help, I've tried all I can from this end.
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:06 pm

I've never had this problem and, as far as I know, no one else has either. Have you tried the new version?
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Humans shall rule the gal » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:20 pm

Yes indeed I have. I tried it right before I posted. The instant I give the order to fire, the game locked my whole system up.

I run a HP Intel Processor on 800 MHz motherboard. Something like 5 meg video card, I don't know what sound card. Latest version of Millenium Edition Windows. My mom has some kooky spyware installed, its called 007 SAM. It logs all keyboard strokes. Maybe this is causing it. I cannot, however, uninstall it because it is always running, from startup and it doesn't show on the Close Program box. The programs running besides that are, in order, Explorer, Systray, Osd, Loadqm, Fwlink, and, of course, STUN.

Hope this helps.

EDIT

Never mind Andrew, I know the problem. Its on my end. The (insert appropriate curse) 007 Sam is behind the compatability problem. Any hoykey in STUN fails and locks STUN up. Don't worry, I'll try to find a way to stop 007 Sam while I'm playing STUN.
Humans shall rule the gal

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:26 pm

Ah, the things us poor Window's game developers have to put up with. :cry:
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Return to Tech Support