Global Rankings?

Talk about the game or make suggestions.

Global Rankings?

Postby Mac » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:58 pm

Is there something ''screwy'' with the Rankings chart? I just played my first game in October, got rated at my home screen at #9, amidst all those ''high-scoring'' players.....but I see my name and tonnage appears nowhere on Apezone's chart for October. Is something new being done or not working right or what? Thanks.....

:roll: Mac
Mac

Postby bluewolf » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:53 pm

Mac -- You've got to click on "Update Server" in the upper left of the screen first -- then go to the "view complete list" to see where you are --
bluewolf {Admiral Walsh in the Global Rankings}
bluewolf

rankings

Postby Mac » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:49 am

Right. I did all that from my game, linking to Apezone.......but I am still not listed anywhere on the October Apezone chart, even though the chart on my game screen gets updated. Plus----and I need to check this further----after a game yesterday, my tonnage dropped back to only what I had sunk in that particular, current game but my number of ships sunk was added to what I had sunk before (October totals). In other words, my tonnage did not get added to what I sank before in October----that earlier tonnage was scrapped and the new tonnage only appeared. And I am still nowhere on the October rankings chart.
:o Mac
Mac

rankings

Postby Mac » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Okay, this is what I see so far for October:

Game 1 played----sank around 5000 tons or so, sank maybe 5 ships
<<I used the cheat code for this game, just so I could do all my own upgrades, as I had just recently loaded the new game version----did not try and log these onto Apezone Global Rankings>>

Game 2 played----sank about 4400 tons, and 5 more ships----tried to log into Apezone scores----no luck
<<plus, my game 1 tonnage was lost, and I was listed on my home screen as 4400 tons sunk, 10 ships sunk>>

Game 3 played----sank 3 enemy ships----my home screen shows about 8000 tons sunk, 13 ships sunk----my scores do not show up on the Apezone Rankings, however

SO, this is what I see:
1.) tonnage has only added from games 1 and 2
2.) number of ships sunk has been added from games 1, 2, and 3
3.) since I used cheat code for game 1 but not for games 2 and 3, is this why my tonnage from the first game hasn't counted, even though the total number of ships sunk is being totalled all the way thru?
4.) why does my home screen reflect Apezone October updates, with me also listed, but when I view the Apezone chart, I am nowhere to be found?

Mac
Mac

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:37 am

This relates to a shortsited design decision, where each install of the game you do creates a unique internal id. This id is used to represent you on the global forums. I'll make this a Windows registry thing in the next version.
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

you lost me

Postby Mac » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:37 pm

On my home screen I am between Ionut and Bogdan, numbers 10 and 12 right now....so I am listed as number 11. But on the Apezone ranking chart, I am nowhere to be found----and someone else is listed as number 11??

So I get moved around and such on my home screen chart...but I never get listed on the Apezone chart anymore. Why is this?

thx, Mac
Mac

rankings chart?

Postby Mac » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:44 pm

I still don't understand why ranking/scores will not post to the Apezone chart anymore, when they did with the previous version?!?!

:roll:
Mac

Postby Andrew Ewanchyna » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:02 am

I'll check it out. I'm assuming you're under the name Mac?
Andrew Ewanchyna
Site Admin

Postby Mac » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:52 am

Yes, normally under Mac....although I sometimes use another for testing out different things...

Thanks!
Mac

Same thing

Postby LordBlackfire » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:49 pm

I used to be on the list but once I got the new version I stopped. I still can see where I rank on my home PC under the "Captain Stan" name but I never appear on the list under "view complete list". I also wonder about those who have lost "1" ship and are at the top every month.
LordBlackfire

Return to Battleship Chess